šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jenn D

My dog has come up with a staph infection a few months after TPLO surgery. He had lameness and inflammation in his elbow which clued us in. We’ve tried to determine if it was indeed in his knee surgery site first, but lab lost his FNA. So next step for now is to get to the end of 3week/3x per day antibiotic treatment and then they will do X-rays again and maybe FNA of his knee again to see if we still have an issue. Might have to remove the TPLO plate and screw. Would love to avoid as we’re thousands into this already. I was wondering if there were any supplements I could give him to help support/enhance the antibiotic treatment? He is a 8.5 year old yellow lab, 80 pounds. Maybe probiotics? Human ones?
    Also, suggestions on glucosamine and condroitin? We’ve had him on dasaquin msm. Just wondering if there is a good, cheaper alternative. Human stuff?

#79560 Report Abuse
    corgwnmom

Did you ever find an answer to this? I’m curious about different supplements (glucosamin/MSM/Chondroitin). One of my corgis will be having surgery on his ACL this week.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.