šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christi B

Recently my pack of two Corgis, mixed breed and JRT all became sick at the same time. I noticed my JRT had stopped wanting to eat and observed some other behaviors which I now know were signs of upset stomach (grass eating, gas) we had been feeding Acana but when production was being moved from Canada to U.S. I decided to change. Because my JRT has been allergy tested I went with Petcurean Go! Sensitivity & Shine Duck formula, at first everything went fine with the transition but I noticed a foul odor from the food for the past several weeks (my husband thought maybe that was duck because we are unfamiliar with it) but then a couple of weeks ago my mixed breed vomited blood and then the others started to vomit too. All of our dogs immediately saw our vets and we did blood, X-rays and other tests which all came back normal. I’m convinced it was the food and either something was off with the ingrients or it had gone bad by way of retailer storage. We order from Chewy.com and they refunded our purchase and once again I did some research and have switched to Open Farm Turkey/Chicken because of wanting more certainty of content but I’m not sure I have found the best thing for my dogs and it’s very important to me that I do. Can anyone suggest a top quality limited ingredient food with known sources of content? I feel desperate to keep my dogs well.

#93089 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Zignature is the best food. They have limited ingredient & multi protein formulas. Chewy.com lists all the ingredients AND what’s NOT in it. Also do the Clostridium fecal test, which is separate from the routine fecal testing. Parasites could have been ingested with the rotting dog food that was given. If any food smells bad, throw it away immediately.

#93124 Report Abuse
    Christi B

Thank you! We did dispose of the food and will have the parasite test you advised and will look into Zignature.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.