šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Joanna J

It is a well known fact that most of the salmon we sell is farm raised and contains serious carcinogens- a substance that is linked to cancer. The recommendations are to consume either a very limited amount of farm raised salmon or buy and eat only fresh water salmon. We seem to be impressed by the addition of salmon to dog food and see that many brands add it to otherwise unquestionable foods with chicken and other meats. Out pets eat it constantly- 1-3 times a day. Are we not concerned about this?

#69672 Report Abuse
    Carol W

I agree we need to be concerned about this. My dog gets only fresh wild caught salmon fillets; the same that I eat, and canned that is also wild caught. Another thing with the manufactured foods is that they add leftover garbage and try to pass it off as lovely salmon fillet, chicken breast, etc.. It can be costly, but I have lost 2 beloved German Shepherds to cancer, and I’m doing everything I can to prevent it happening again with my new pup. I have only one dog at a time, so that helps with the cost.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.