šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    weimlove
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m wanting to add some raw fish to shadows diet. What fish is safe to feed him? Thanks!

#13363 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Any fish can be fed as long as it’s been properly frozen – deep freeze for three weeks. Same goes for pork and wild game, the freezing will kill the parasites. I personally don’t feed fish often, the only fish I feed on occasion are sardines.

#13384 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I feed wild caught whole sardines. They are small fish low in contaminants.

http://i1326.photobucket.com/albums/u651/pugmomsandy/pictures%20for%20posting/IMG_60801024x821_zpsad7d39eb.jpg

#13387 Report Abuse
    weimlove
    Participant

Ok thanks so much guys. Right now shadow is eating chicken necks and backs, leg quarters and some ground chicken plus veggies and supplements. I’m getting ready to try a new protein source which will probably be beef. For fish week I plan on using sardines, and maybe some canned salmon and mackerel. What bone in beef and turkey is safe for his teeth?

#13390 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

beef brisket bones for eating, rib bones and knee caps, split knuckles or marrow bones for recreation. My pugs can eat turkey necks and wings and backs. The legs are large so I haven’t offered them actually. My dogs are 30 lbs or less.

#13465 Report Abuse
    weimlove
    Participant

Ok great, I’m just trying to find a safe bone in beef that won’t chip teeth so he has his bone for the beef week. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.