šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    creole54

Hello – I just found this forum today after doing an internet search trying to find help for my olde english bulldogge.
    She’s five years old and allergic to everything (dust, grass, human dander, etc.). She also has serious skin/ear issues which my vet thinks might be due to a food allergy, and digestive issues.
    She’s been on Hills i/d for the digestive issue for years with good results as far as keeping it down, but her skin infections and ear infections have been ongoing. She has to get a steriod shot every couple of months.
    The vet suggested Hills z/d to try to combat the chronic skin and ear infections. She’s been on z/d for a little over a week and it appears her skin/ear are getting a bit better, but has had signs bordering on bloat – salivating, heaving with no results, wanting to drink massive amounts of water. She doesn’t seem to be in any pain, but she’s passing the most disgusting gas I’ve ever smelled.
    I think I need to get her off this z/d quickly (it’s also making her hair fall out by the handfuls) but at this point I don’t know what to feed her.
    I have another english bulldog that has a cast-iron stomach and is healthy as a horse.
    Thanks for any suggestions you can give me!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.