🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Janis D

My 11 mon. old Golden Retriever lacks interest in her kibble. (Currently feeding Nutro Ultra puppy). Wondering… do I switch food? Try wet? Assume she will eat when she is hungry? She use to gobble down her kibble, now hardly touches it. She is 65 lbs. seems healthy. I’m a first time dog mom and I want her to enjoy her food.

#109736 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Is she interested in any other type of food or treats? If not, a trip to the vet may be in order. I like to switch up foods every now and then. It couldn’t hurt to give it a shot. Just make sure it is appropriate for a large breed puppy. It is usually recommended to keep large breed pups on puppy food until they are about 1-1/2 years old.

#110095 Report Abuse
    Jackie B
    Participant

A rotation diet, or adding a topper, might help. Details on rotation diets here: /frequently-asked-questions/diet-rotation-for-dogs/

But an 11 month old Golden Retriever still counts as a large breed puppy. Make sure that any food you are using on rotation is still appropriate for a large breed puppy. Editor’s Choice has a whole list: /reports/puppy-foods/

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.