šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Our store is discontinuing Merrick cans due to Purina buyout so I’m looking for a replacement thats similar in texture (chunky/soupy with vegetables) and similar price range , between $2-3 a can. Obviously a company with no recalls or made by big food like Purina, Nestle, Proctor Gamble etc, Also, no wellness, holistic select or blue buffalo.

Thanks!

#76389 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

My most used canned foods are Tiki and Earthborn

#76400 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I love weruva and Go a Fit by petcurean. I also like fromn. Try them all. That’s why I rotate.

#80363 Report Abuse

Nature’s Variety Instinct makes great canned food, but it is five dollars per can which can get expensive when you’re feeding a larger breed dog. My 60 pound girl will eat half a can once a day to make it stretch with a variety of kibble, raw and ground premixes. Nice quality food though if you can afford it.

#80393 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Natures variety instinct had a recall in July but Oi think it was on raw. I don’t buy anything from companies that’s had a recall. That’s just the way I feel. Too many other foods out there.

#80422 Report Abuse
    Lynn J

Can you tell me what you don’t like about Wellness canned?
    I occasionally feed it and am unaware of any issues with it.

#80432 Report Abuse
    C4D

I feed a lot of different canned foods. I think wellness has a good dry food but I don’t use their canned often because they use meals in their canned food. While I understand it being used in dry food, I don’t want it in canned food.

#80435 Report Abuse
    Lemdem
    Participant

What about CANIDAE? Love them.

#80460 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Lotus Stews look good. I’ve never looked up the price though.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.