šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I am interested in giving my 7lb. Yorkie milk thistle for a week after His heartworm preventive,Heartgard plus, what is the dosage I should give him and what are the names and places I can get it. Thanks

#32548 Report Abuse
    JASTECH

I would use 250mg 1xD for a week to clear out the ivermectin from that little Yorkie. Is their a heartworm issue in your area? I ask this because most Vets will try to get all dogs on preventative in the Attic. I have not ever given my yard heart guard which the Vets out here say is needed yet they don’t have statistics of k9’s with heart worm.

#32566 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Yes bad heartworm area, I live in South Ga. Plus my yorkie is a rescue and he had heartworms when I got him and it was a terrible treatment. Heartworm is the only preventive I use!

#32570 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Where should I get it? Should I get the oil or the tablets.really need some help!!!

#32573 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Get it from a health food store. A lot of milk thistle supplements have very little of the active ingredient in them, so you need to make sure you get a good quality one.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.