Low Starch Dog Food – Mini Wirehair with Lafora

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Low Starch Dog Food – Mini Wirehair with Lafora

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Robert S

I have a mini wirehair dachshund with Lafora (genetic caused seizures). I need recommendations for dog food with low starch as hus system can not convert starch to sugar which then accumulates in brain and causes seizures. He is 8 years old so weight control is an issue. Appreciate any help. Thanks!

#103829 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I would go with a prescription food recommended by your vet.
    Otherwise, I would consult a veterinary neurologist.
    If you are receptive to science based veterinary medicine go here http://skeptvet.com/Blog/
    Nothing is being sold at the above site.

#103858 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Look at Wysong Epigen. It claims to be starch free. Wysong.net

#104461 Report Abuse
    Robert S

Thanks for the comments. I have looked at a lot of dog foods on Dig Food Advisor and was going to use EVO dry morning EVO 95% Evening. I just learned that EVO is or has stopped manufacturing the canned dog food.Of course you can purchase until supplies run out.

I ordered a case of Dave’s 95% beef and will see how my dogs like. I am going to try Wysong Epigen starch free. I will mix with EVO until all. 1/4 cup dry mornings and 1/4 cup wet evenings. It is pretty much high fat, high protein, low carb diet. during the day we give treats like Earthborn Holistic grain free.

I don’t know how this will work out but I am going to try. I have another miniature smooth coated dachshund, 13, that has mass on or near spleen. I am trying to feed both the same.

like I said we will see.

Blessings,
    bob

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.