šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Randy D

Hill’s has sent 16,000 pounds of food to shelters and clinics to help dogs/owners in the aftermath of Hurricane Harvey. Kudos and props to the Hill’s company for stepping up and helping out.

#104066 Report Abuse
    Randy D

Forgot the link which includes locations:
    https://m.facebook.com/?_rdr#~!/HillsPet/?ref=content_filter

#104071 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Thanks for sharing Randy. Definitely kudos to Hills for doing that! Awesome company.

#104073 Report Abuse
    Randy D

According to their statement, they will continue to respond to the crisis until the need has been met. Can’t give them enough credit for their response.

#104074 Report Abuse
    pitlove
    Participant

Thats awesome. Very sad to see some of the negative comments about the “quality” of their food on Facebook in relation to their post. Sickening that some people are so arrogant that they would make comments like that in a time like this.

#104075 Report Abuse
    Randy D

Yeah, the anonymity of the internet allows people to be ruder and cruder than they probably be in real life. Hill’s stepped up in a crisis, and if other companies do the same, then good on them, but at this moment I haven’t heard of them doing so.
    If you’re in a shelter, with nothing but the clothes on your back and your hungry dog, I like to think these same obnoxious jackwagons would be grateful, but perhaps not. I truly believe some of these fools would let their dog starve before feeding something that is “beneath” them.

#104076 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

PetSmart charities is donating food, supplies, and funding; Petco Foundation as well.

Nestle Purina is helping out with water, people food, pet food & supplies too:
    http://www.nestleusa.com/media/pressreleases/nestle-support-for-hurricane-harvey-victims

#104078 Report Abuse
    Randy D

That is outstanding!! My family there got lucky. The water got close, but didn’t quite make it in the house. I lost a former colleague though. Many lost everything they owned.

#104082 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’m no fan of Hills but in this situation, I’d be happy for any food donation. Kudos to them.

#104085 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I agree, it is outstanding!

Positive thoughts for your family and all folks & animals affected by Harvey. Sorry for the loss of your former colleague.

#104092 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

I’ve been thinking of all the poor animals caught up in hurricane Harvey especially all the animals & dogs that are tied up in back yards & caught up in flood waters, I’m hoping their owners have untied them so they don’t drown….. Years ago I lost a cat Lady she ran under the front of the house, all under the back section of the house was fenced off, so the dog wouldn’t get under the house, then when the flood & rain was over 1 week later there was an awful smell coming up the floor boards in my daughters room, Lady had drowned & was washed up against the back fenced off section… Saying prays for everyone involved..

Hills in Australia donates & feeds all the dogs & cats in all the RSPCA pounds around Australia, I like Hills they are very helpful when you need to speak with a vet nutritionist about food for a certain health problems…

#104094 Report Abuse
    a c

Very nice gustures from those companies.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.