šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Heidi H

Hello All,
    I have a Siberian Husky that is semi-working and, therefore, needs a higher caloric intake. Of course, he is a finicky eater, and to make matters worse he has a chicken allergy/sensitivity along with a sensitivity to most grains. I’m currently feeding him Taste of the Wild Southwest Canyon. I just have a problem with Diamond’s recall history, and the pup (well he’s 6 years old now) is seeming to get tired of it and not eating as much as he should.

I’m looking for a dry food that is high-calorie, grain-free, and chicken-free. 4.5-5 star rated is preferred. Cost isn’t a factor, but I would prefer it to be easily accessible either in-store or online in the US. If it’s not, make a solid case on why I should buy it. My dogs are my babies and probably eat better than me most times.

Thank you for your time,

Heidi

#108375 Report Abuse
    Lewis F
    Participant

Heidi,
    My dog (not a worker) has been on Orijen or Acana dry foods. Both are rated high and have many different types from which you can choose

Lew

#108379 Report Abuse
    zcRiley

Zignature Zssentials from Chewy.com. My dogs are allergic to everything (I did the allergy panel testing) & we ate through the whole 5 star list before we found it. Great stools, great check ups & people say theyā€™re ā€œbeautifulā€.

#108385 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Heidi-
    Whole Earth Farms Pork, Beef and Lamb is poultry free and grain free. However, I do not consider it high calorie. My dogs do well on it. It is available at Petco and several feed stores. Good luck to you!

#108409 Report Abuse
    Jenna

Increasing fat will give you the highest calories (more than twice as many calories than a protein or carb). you can always add a bit of fat in the form of an Omega 3 like fish oil. This will give you about 40 calories per teaspoon.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.