Giant mixed breed pups

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Giant mixed breed pups

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    SnorkletsMom

Hi! I have read most of this site and a lot of other sites, I have spoken to our vet…now I’m looking for opinions or tips for our puppies. They are 6 months old, one male, one female, probably 60 lbs +/- they are half Golden Retriever, half St. Bernard. Their breeder fed them Purina puppy chow, which I refused to continue. We have tried a few brands, some with terrible results. The best so far has been Purina Pro Plan Focus Large Breed Puppy. But as I’ve looked around, it does not seem to be a suggested good food. I’d like to find the best I can, but hopefully not the highest price, money is tight right now. Calcium, phosphorus, protein, etc. can be confusing after a while! Our vet is fine with the Purina, but I’d like your opinions. Also…should we be giving them any supplements? And exercise…a lot or not? (Vet said not) All tips are welcome, I’ve never had giant dogs before. Thanks!

#34143 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Go to, I think, the diet and health forum here and read the stickie on feeding large breed puppies. I think the list of appropriate foods is on page 15 but maybe someone will post the link for you (I’m on my iPad & can’t)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.