freeze dried food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Canine Nutrition freeze dried food

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Iride4tnt

I have spent a lot of time on this site and learned a lot. First, I switched to grains and potato free kibble. Then I tried adding Stella and Chewy, decided it was going to cost too much. Then I reconsidered and and now using half kibble and half Primal. Since freeze dried is so expensive, and each one is a different size package and feeding instructions, is there a way to compare the brands and determine the best value? I have a 3 year old bouvier and 1 year old giant schnauzer/ husky,both about 65 pounds.

#34134 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

I honestly wouldn’t pay too much attention to the feeding guidelines. I’ve never given my animals as much food as is suggested -usually they get no more than about half the recommendation, and they’re all in great shape- so try to estimate one measurement of food/amount of calories (as the calorie content should be on there) you think suits your dogs.
    Then try to calculate price per pound (I believe: price/pounds=price per pound).
    If you want to compare the quality, I’d just check on this site for the brand/food.

If the foods you’re looking at seem to be about the same in cost and quality, but have different proteins in them, I’d recommend alternating between them. I try to switch out my dogs’ protein sources, as there are many benefits to it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.