šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

This article is quite a slog and takes some grit to tackle. That said, it seems well-supported, fact-based, and objective. Bottom line: with the possible exception of fish oil (for prophylactic treatment of allergies like skin and coat issues), there is precious little to support the Madison Avenue-concocted nonsense built into claims about pet foods and supplements. (Illustration: Thereā€™s little solid science to support the claims of arthritis and joint ailmentsā€™ relief from taking glucosamine in humans, and virtually none as relates to pets.) So, read labels, feed your four-legged babies well-balanced diets and treats, get them to exercise (except for cats … unless they can be trained to use a treadmill), and give them a good belly-rub at least twice-a-day.

The Top Ten Pet Supplements: Do They Work?

#136856 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Yes! I agree.
    I have noticed positive results with fish oil supplements recommended by my vet but usually it is in conjunction with other treatments recommended by the treating vet.

There a lot of anti-vet folks out there that are listening to homeopathic sites such as Dogs Naturally Magazine (one of many)and spreading false information.

Thanks for posting.

#136993 Report Abuse
    Shavon P
    Participant

Yes, many natural supplements especially fish oil works very well. I have tried natural supplements when my dog was gone through neck surgery.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.