Diarrhea after transfer of food

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Diarrhea after transfer of food

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    ShadowBeagle

Have a Beagle Pup. He is 4 months old now. We live in Bangalore, India. We dont have many choices of 5* foods available. We get TOTW pacific Stream and Wetlands available here, but no puppy foods. Currently I am feeding him Royal Canin Medium Junior once a day and then home food for twice a day.

I tried to switch him from Royal Canin to TOTW Wetlands brand. Gave him a mixture of current royal canin brand and TOTW for the transfer. within 30 minutes after eating he started vomiting heavily and started having severe diarrhea. He was completely tired.

Now he is slowly recovering.

The expiry date on the bag is 22. April. 2014

I am worried if this could be an issue with the TOTW food that I am intrducing.

Any suggestions on how to take care of him during this phase of recovery from vomiting and diarrhea.

Appreciate your help.

He is 5KG (~10 punds) now.

Thanks and Regards
    Manoj

#28613 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Feed him bland home food for a couple days until he’s better and then slowly introduce back his old food. Then, very slowly add in the new food, even if it’s just a few pieces per meal and don’t increase the amount of new food until he has adjusted.

#28762 Report Abuse
    ShadowBeagle

Thank You.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.