šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    gmcbogger38

Do y’all recommend giving dogs only devil’s claw for joint support? Or would it be best to give it along with a regular glucosamine supplement?

#26234 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’m a proponent of using different supplements (or rather not relying on just one) so I would use it if I had it, but also rotate it with other supplements. I’ve used Dr Harveys Ortho Flex (with devils claw) but also have Actiflex 4000, cetyl-M, and tumeric. I also like plain old green lipped mussel as well. Wysong Arthegic looks good too.

#26237 Report Abuse

I just started using an herbal joint supplement from Swanson’s that has devils claw in it. I would agree with pugmomsandy. Rotation is good. My dog has been on Dasuquin for years now. It has been the only thing that has worked. I tried Liquid Health’s K9 Level 5000 supplement on two different occasions. It didn’t help him at all. His joints started popping after being on it for a few days and he was getting stiffer. Now I have him on a number of products from Swanson’s that replicates what’s in Dasuquin. He gets glucosamine, chondroitin, MSM, and Avovida as well as an herbal supplement I just started. His joint popping and stiffness has gone away, but my vet also put him on Rimadyl as he suspects he has arthritis. Btw, my dog Max is a 7.5 year old Great Dane weighing in at 158 pounds.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.