🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,489 total)
  • Author
    Akari_32
    Participant

Thought I’d share a little picture with you guys 🙂 The cat was laying in Bentley’s bed, as he always does when he wants something cushier than the one on top of his cat tree. I went to the bathroom, and Bentley always lays in his bed to wait for who ever is in there to come out (its right outside the door). Well, Bentley didn’t appreciate the cat messing up his routine, so he just laid right on top of him! He wasn’t too pleased about someone else being in his bed, either LOL

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/10660265_849146768459328_8020678314869795791_n_zps0709384f.jpg

Of course, the cat’s just laying there like, “yeah, whatever. I’m a cat, love me!” XD

#51928 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Adorable!!!! :p That looks like nice, soft, white, new fur on Bentley!!!

#51929 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Right?? LOL

Bentley’s fur is growing back pretty well. Almost at full length again on his but and thighs. You can see his legs are still red, but he seems to not be losing any more fur, so whatever. I think its the Pure Balance I had to buy him. They didn’t have any of the 95%, so I got him the puppy stew kind, and its making him itchy. That and everyones allergies in general are just really horrible right now. I haven’t been able to breath for like a month, and a lot of people are catching colds, as well. So thats not helping him, either. But his new diet should help! Wish there was an affordable raw diet for the cat. I would love to try it. He really loves his beef heart lol

• This reply was modified 9 years, 7 months ago by Akari_32.
    #51933 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

The proof is in the photos! He looks great. You never know, you mentioned in the past you initially thought he had allergies to grass and although it looks like allot of issues were his diet maybe a little is the outdoors too. I know from experience it is horrible to see your dog scratching and licking himself constantly; knowing they are physically uncomfortable and not feeling well is awful! Anyway, good job taking care of him!!!

#51934 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Taking as much carbs as possible out of his diet has helped a lot. I do feel thats the biggest issue. He’s had less than a weeks worth of the Pure Balance stews over the last two weeks, and already he smells yeasty and disgusting, and has been chewing his feet a lot lately. But allergies are so bad right now that even Haley was shedding so bad I started thinking it was a health issue and took her to the vet– just for him to say it was allergies! Thankfully he didn’t charge me for the visit, just for the Sentinel I picked up since her Tifexis is out (thank god! I hate giving that stuff..). You could run your hand down her back over and over still come off with literally a hand full of hair every time! It’s amazing to me how she even has any hair left at this point! So I’m sure he’s got some sort of environmental allergies, as well– probably to everything that blooms. Everyone, human and animal, is having a hard time right now.

Not only do I hate seeing him itchy and red, I HATE the sloppy, licky noise. I even yell at the cat when he starts getting too slobbery sounding when grooming himself LOL Can’t stand that sound @.@

Aw, thanks! I try lol

#52001 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Akari:
    I think you should post a photo of Bentley on your “maybe it’s time for a diet change” thread too. I am sure anyone who is subscribed to that thread would be interested in an update!!!

#52004 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

P.S.
    It would really be interesting if you had a pre-diet change picture to post to. I took one of my kitty before I started adding kefir, fish oil, msm, vitamin E, and pumpkin to his diet. I am glad I documented his progress with pictures.

#52069 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I had to take my hyper-t kitty to the Vet today. While I was in the waiting room a lady arrived with a bright colored bird; orange or red. I couldn’t tell exactly what color because of the container it was in. I asked her what kind of bird it was and she said it is a carrier pigeon and explained she was from the bird rescue near my house. It was a very large, beautiful carrier pigeon that should have been white. The poor bird had been painted with fluorescent orange spray paint. Someone found him trying to fly near their home and brought him to the rescue for medical care. Unfortunately, the tag carrier pigeons normally wear was missing. The lady said he should have a complete recovery when he molts again, until then his home will be the rescue. People can be so cruel, but at least he is in a safe place until he can find a new home. 🙂

#52070 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I’m so glad that the right person found the bird! What are people thinking, anyway? :<{ I brought my hyper-t kitty to vet this last weekend too. She has not been eating since I brought her home from Grandma’s. I think she liked being an only kitty. I’m now dissolving her pills in water to try to get her to take her meds. I’m not sure if she’ll start eating or not once she gets some medicine in her. What is going on with your kitty? I hope everything is OK.

#52072 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

He did something to his left eye. It’s not bothering him in the least. His inner eye lid is not opening all the way. If this makes sense you can only see about half of his eye because the eyelid doesn’t retract all the way. It is not weeping or anything and their is no damage to or around his eye. I noticed it Saturday evening. I am thinking he was itching his face with his hind leg and did something to it. The pupil reacts to light and the Vet was able to manually retract it with little reaction from him. I have some eye drops to use and I’ll see how it goes.

On top of his eye problem, the Doctor was checking out his teeth, removing some tarter, and a tooth fell out. I don’t even think the kitty realized it. He does not have very good teeth, I clean the tarter off of them a couple of times a month. So since his tooth fell out, I was sent home with some antibiotics as well. I noticed his breath didn’t smell too good yesterday, but he had just had his dinner and I thought that was the reason

I am thinking I shouldn’t have cut back on the kefir and coco oil, his skin is a little dry again. With the antibiotics I’ll be feeding kefir to him daily to help his digestive system. He’s laying on my bed right now acting like he doesn’t have a care in the world.

I hope your kitty gets back to normal, sorry to hear she is not herself. 🙁 And if she still won’t eat I hope you are able to find something she will at least nibble on.

#52073 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Must be kitty vet week LOL I’m taking my kitty in tomorrow morning to get a microchip. He’s gunna hate me LOL When I got his shots when I got him, it took me and the vet to hold him down, so the vet could give a one handed shot. He hates it lol But I’d rather him get out the door with a chip and a collar than just his collar. It is a cheap $1 one from Dollar Tree and I don’t trust it at all. Some times I finding laying around the house, even. He such a sweety, I’d hate for him to get lost and someone keep him 🙁

Hope your guys’s (is that even a word…?) kitties are feeling better!

#52074 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Thanks for the get well wishes and good luck with Alec tomorrow!!! 🙂

#52077 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yay! She is starting to nibble a little. The vet gave her fluids and an anti nausea shot. I’m dissolving her pill in water and feeding her with syringe. So far she’s not fighting it too much. This is probably only the second or third time she’s even gone to a vet in her 15 years. I was thinking her time was coming, but she’s perking up. We’ll see what happens.

#52079 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Glad she’s doing better!

#52082 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Glad to see good news for you and your kitty!

#52083 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yes, it’s a start, but I think she still has a ways to go. I’m gonna see about getting some goat’s milk or something that I can dissolve her pill in and try and get her a little more nourishment with it also. Does anyone have any ideas? The vet said one of her kidneys is small and probably has lost some of its function. We’ll probably have to do another blood panel if she doesn’t start eating better. She is 15, but it’s weird how it started after we left her when we were on vacation. Not sure if it is just coincidental or not.
    Akari- Great idea to get a chip. I’ll always feel bad that I didn’t have my missing in action chipped. Also, I think that guys’s is a great word!
    BDog- Thanks for the well wishes and back at you for your kitty!

#52085 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi C4c:
    Only ideas I have at the moment for a liquid kitty meal would be to add a little canned to the water/med mixture making it liquid enough to feed from a syringe; or just mixing it alone (not in the med water). I think goats milk is a great idea, kefir, yogurt (add a little H2O if you are going to feed it via syringe), the dreaded tuna juice or other fish broth if you don’t want to go there. But, when a sick cat is involved tuna often saves the day.

When my hyper-t kitty was bed ridden, keep in mind he is a really good eater, I actually made his canned meals like soup which he happily lapped up like he was drinking H2O.

Hopefully I will have some other suggestions for you later on today, I have to put my thinking cap on. I visited allot of sites pertaining to kitties that needed help eating, I’ll see if I can find them for other ideas.

#52089 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I forgot about one other food that was suggested, a plain baby food. I didn’t try it because he was happy with his soupy canned food.

#52118 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

So, I went to our feed store yesterday to buy the Answer’s Goat milk and was talking to an employee about my cat. She suggested this new tender moist kibble for cats that they just started carrying. She said they had a bag open in back and offered me a sample. I was a little negative when she first suggested it. But, after looking at the bag and the sample, I decided to give it a shot. Here is the website. Please give me your opinions on the food, if you have any. LOL! http://waggers.com/waggers-tendermoist.
    I thawed out the goat’s milk on the counter and gave a little to my ailing kitty. Carried her upstairs to feed her and one of my naughty dogs snagged the milk off the counter. They haven’t got anything off the counter for months! That milk must have smelled extremely delicious. I was really surprised that it was that enticing to him. I’m hoping my kitty likes it as much. She still isn’t too interested in eating, but is at least attempting. But, anyway, back to the soft kibble. Let me know what anyone thinks of the ingredients. Thanks!

#52122 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I am checking it out now, but I just have to write I love the artwork! 😉

#52124 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

C4c:
    I was trying to find websites I looked at for my hyper-t kitty when he needed help eating. One of the main reasons given for kitty’s not eating was a change in routine. I really hope that is all it is for your kitty and it is not health related. When I used to have to leave town for extended periods of time I would take my JRT with me and take my two kitties to my parents house. When I brought them back they were so funny. They would sit on my bed and wake me up in the middle of the night and morning by just staring at me. It was like they were telling me they never thought they would make it back home again and would start purring and rubbing up against me as soon as I woke up. They would do this for about a week until they settled back into to their routines.

The first thing that caught my eye was the sweetener in the ingredients. The second was the ingredient that I guess keeps the kibble from getting hard. I really don’t know anything about those ingredients, but if I fed this food it probably wouldn’t be long term. Honestly, if a kitty is not eating I would pretty much give anything a try and this food would be no exception. 🙂 Here’s the links I used for the ingredients that I checked out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fructooligosaccharide
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glucono_delta-lactone
    http://www.modernistcookingmadeeasy.com/info/modernist-ingredients/more/sodium-alginate

I reluctantly added two Friskies flavors to my senior female’s diet. She was not eating well and did not have a long term interest in any of the new foods I tried. She looked haggard and I had to find something that she was excited about eating. I re-visited the Friskies recipes. I added two from the Special Diet line, the Beef & Chic and Turkey & Giblets; AE is Country Style Dinner. They are all pates’, carbs are about 5% for SD and 11% for Country Style Dinner, and none of the recipes have fish. Drawbacks are by-products are listed first (named meat is like third), giblets are high on the ingredient list for the turkey, and all have added color. Haven’t had to try the Country Style Dinner, but my girl is happy, looking better and that’s what matters.

#52125 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi BDog~
    Yes, their artwork is very interesting and creative! I was a little bit leery of the food as well. I didn’t even look to see how much it was. But, when she handed me the sample, it looked better than I thought it would! We’ll see if she eats it. It’s funny you mentioned Friskies, because I was checking out their site yesterday as well. I thought the special diets all had sauce or gravy though. Was thinking about feeding that to her. Even though I’d rather not, she really needs to eat! But, sometimes gravies and sauces make her throw up. But, oh how they all love Friskies, Fancy Feast and Sheba. She is getting a little gun shy around me now as she thinks I’m going to force her to eat from a syringe. Thank you SO much for your help and input. It is very valuable to me.

#52128 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

C4c:
    You’re are welcome, I value your help and input as well!!!! 🙂

I think the Friskies SD’s that I picked might have been the only pates’; can’t remember. I really have no choice, no matter what Friskies flavor I choose, it really can’t be a gravy or sauce, they vomit after eating those recipes for more than a few days. Before I even changed their diets, I avoided Friskies with gravies and sauces because of their reactions.

I did review all pates’ from every variety and these were the ones that included less of the undesirables for me at least. She always loved the regular turkey & giblets anyway and the SD version is at least a better recipe IMO than the regular; lower carbs and no fish. Give another recipe from Friskies a whirl, ingredients aside (other than ones that make her sick), she just needs to eat it, that’s what matters right now. 😉

#52129 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

It looks like there is only one special diet in gravy, the other two I crossed off the list were the ocean fish and salmon recipes. So that just left those two by default lol:

https://www.friskies.com/cat-food/more-friskies

#52130 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I saw that. The orange and white kitty on their site looks like my Beansie Boy! I just love him. LOL!

#52155 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

C4c:
    I love the name Beansie. I have a light orange and white too. 🙂

I finally found a list I made with ideas to entice your cat to eat when they are not feeling well. Some I already listed in a previous post. Here’s a few more, warm up canned food, add a little low sodium chic broth or clam juice, offer catnip before a meal, cooked eggs or egg whites, and allot of people recommended Purina Forti-Flora when all else failed.

Holistic Select used to have a digestive enzyme and a probiotic sprinkle (both had a flavor enhancer) on their website, but I can’t find it now. Eagle Pack has a digestive enzyme for dog and cats, but I don’t see it on their site either. I did find it at Wag.com: http://www.wag.com/dog/p/holistic-select-holistic-transition-digestive-remedies-2-2-oz-221578

I have been looking for some plain freeze dried tripe to mix with canned food for my cats since they liked the Verus cat food with tripe.

Here’s a list of flavor enhancers/toppers that were recommended by posters on a bunch of sites I visited last year. I never checked them out because he started eating again after the Vet gave him some fluids:

Petco Savory Tuna Flakes
    http://www.petco.com/product/117258/

Halo Cat treats
    http://www.halopets.com/natural-treats.html#tp31_2

Halo Dinner Party Sprinkle
    http://shop.halopets.com/Natural-Treats/Dinner-Party-Chicken

Beefeaters Freeze Dried Cat Treat
    http://www.petsmart.com/gsi/webstore/WFS/PETNA-PETUS-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProduct-Start;pgid=1Ip6wb8p8jVSRpB.FTRjIqx80000d5mL8f6_?SKU=36-3069

Purebites
    http://www.purebites.com/index.php

Cat-Man-Doo dried Bonito Flakes
    http://www.catmandoo.biz/

Stewart Flavor Enhancer
    http://stewartpet.com/our-products/treats/Flavor-Enhancer/

Tuna Dash
    http://www.catclaws.com/Tuna-Dash/productinfo/1700/#.VBowspRdXng

#52169 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Wow, BDog, you have all kinds of tricks up your sleeves. Thank you, I think I’ll try one of the tuna sprinkles or flakes type products since she does love fish. I was excited because she actually ate pretty good yesterday. But, unfortunately, this morning, there was a pile of throw up 🙁 . I don’t have a good feeling. I think she is wasting away. My Beans, who is sensitive to Rosie’s feelings and health is definitely acting differently around her. I think he senses something serious. The Cat-Man-Doo site is cute! Thanks, again.

#52170 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Just remembered one I found the other day looking for freeze dried tripe, Dr. Tim’s Flavor Booster, I am going to add that to my list now before I forget:

http://drtims.com/genuine-treats/

#52171 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Maybe consult with your Vet about a prescription “bland” canned food. Years ago I put one of my cats (one of my first cats I got when I first moved away from home lol) on a bland Vet script canned food. He had issues with UTI’s and his illness affected his digestive system. He wasn’t keeping his food down and the Vet diet worked miracles. He was on it for about a month. He transitioned beautifully back to his regular diet when it was time; his stomach was all healed up.

#52172 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yeah, planning on making another trip to the vet. I haven’t given up, but am preparing myself. Thank you!

#52173 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Sending positive thoughts to your family!!!! 🙂

#52386 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Thank you, BD, it worked! Good news, Rosie is now coming to her bowl to eat. She still isn’t eating much, but she is finally trying. She hasn’t thrown up either for a few days. She has been doing some sneezing now, however. She’s down to about 7 lbs, but that’s not awful unless she continues to lose. Unfortunately, she loves Fancy Feast. I’m thinking of trying the grilled variety because it is lower in phosphorous according to catinfo’s chart. But, it has a little gravy which scares me. The vet suspects loss of kidney function so I thought lower phosphorous might be helpful. Hopefully she handles the light gravy. We’ll see.

#52413 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Yeahhhhhhhhhh! Did you try a sprinkle? Or did she decide to eat on her own? Just wondering if you found something to entice her; you never know when you need a trick up your sleeve.

My female doesn’t weigh much to begin with either, but even losing a pound for our petite senior kitties is so noticeable. Fancy Feast is not bad, it’s just there are only a few recipes IMO that don’t have all the unnecessary ingredients (artificial colors & flavors), gravies, and sauces that make them more of a fast food. It doesn’t matter anyway, she just needs to eat.

Maybe when you open the can you can dump it out, since it pretty much holds it form, and try giving it a gentle rinse to wash away the gravy. Don’t know if it will work, but it’s worth a try to get rid of some of the gravy and trying to keep the food in her.

#52590 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

How is everyone?

Just throwing this out there, I noticed on my TSC e-mail for current sales they were offering free shipping on all 4Health pet food over $49.00. So I contacted them to see if this was a discount for shipping to the store or if it was to your home. Normally it’s “free UPS Ship to store On Orders $99 and up” which doesn’t help anyone who is not near a TSC store. This is the reply I received, “The current promotion for free shipping on 4Health orders over $49 is ground shipping to any address. You could have it sent to your house or to your store.” So if you really want to try 4Health and you don’t have a store nearby, here’s your shot. lol Everything is on sale too; of course they still don’t have their canned cat food on the site. 🙁
    http://www.tractorsupply.com/

#52606 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

TSC does have the 4Health canned cat food on their site now.

#52608 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey BDog-
    I did not have to use a sprinkle yet. I’ve been giving her hyper-t meds dissolved in the goat’s milk with a syringe to her. Maybe they are helping with appetite. Also feeding mostly the cheap stinky stuff they love. Also have to be very persistent at keeping the other cats from circling her while she’s nibbling. One of them bullies her. She won’t eat by herself in an empty room though either. She still needs to eat more to stay healthy. But at least it’s a huge improvement.
    I clicked on the TSC link, but did not see the deal. Is there a promotion code? I’ve never fed, so do not want to order a ton. lol! I’m gonna call Del’s again to see if they carry it yet. Thanks for the heads up on the cat food and well wishes.

#52619 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

No code, it’s just a promo they are running. On their homepage it reads “pet appreciation week,” and under that they have several pet food specials listed. 1st is the 4H deal, 2nd is $5 off certain foods, then $3 off certain foods. It does say today is the last day to save on pet products. I don’t know if it means the sale prices and the 4H shipping deal ends or just prices; I didn’t ask when the shipping deal ends.

I clicked on several of the 4H foods (dog & cat both canned and dry) and each one had the deal on each individual page. On the individual pages for each food (cat or dog) the deal is listed under the price, “Buy $49 of 4Health, Get Free Ground Shipping.”

I totally get not wanting to buy a bunch of food you haven’t bought before, I feel the same way. I just did a mock order to see how they credit free shipping to your order; it is automatically applied after your order exceeds $49. If you don’t reach $49 the shipping is around $20. Now the neat thing is you don’t have to order a case of something. I put in like 11 cans of chic canned cat food, 6 cans of turkey canned dog food, and a bag of dry dog food. Also, I don’t know if it is my lack of computer skills, their site never brings up all 4H selections (different bag sizes) unless I type “4Health” in the search box and then search for the products from the 4H page.

#52636 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hey Bdog-
    Today has been very good so far! This morning while getting ready for church, I noticed Rosie going around and eating everyone’s leftovers from breakfast! I really thought I’d be taking her to the vet this weekend for more fluids. And then having a terribly hard decision to make if they didn’t get her going. But, she is definitely trying to eat now. She’s still making a funny sneezing noise that I need to keep an eye on though.
    So your email about the 4health canned food got me wondering… I stopped by Del’s, and there it finally was. Canned cat and dog food. Woo Hoo! All the 4health products were 15% off. With the sale, the cat was 58 cents per can and the dog was $1.01. Hopefully they’ll like it. The worker told me that there will be a Tractor Supply store opening in our area in a couple of months. We have Trader Joes scheduled to open next week. This is good, but is adding way too many stores to my pet food loop! Lol! I thought that was weird, but nice that you could order by the can, not case on their website. Have a good day!

#52638 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Awesome news!!!! 😉 Maybe it is a routine thing. Scrounging for scraps is a really good sign in my book. My female will not eat after anyone, she is much too special to have to do that; or so she thinks. lol I always have to wash her dish after someone else eats from it or she won’t eat from it. You could put a filet mignon in her dish, if it has one of the boys slobber in it, she will not touch it.

And I am really jealous now, you have a TJ’s and now a TSC coming soon, wow.

I haven’t bought the 4Health canned cat food in a while. My hyper-t kitty is the only one who will eat it and the shelves were empty last time I went to TSC. It has decent ingredients, but the price has gone up a few pennies since I last fed it, still a major bargain in my book. It used to be 49 cents, I remember because it always frustrated me that all my kitties didn’t like it. At only 3 cents more a can with no artificial stuff included like Friskies, what a great budget friendly food it would be for my rotation. But, you know how the budget goes with finicky kitties, never how you want it to.

#52642 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Oh, you have a little Princess, do you? :D. Yeah, mine probably won’t like it either, but I’m sure the canine boys will like the salmon canned food I bought for them!

#52646 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Fingers crossed your kitties like it and for you because the price is right. And if they do like it, it will be one more reason to add to the list of things that make me jealous…lol

If your boys are anything like Bobby, they will like it. I think their pate’ is the kind that stays fairly soft after refrigeration. I kinda forget because Bobby had some yeasty skin symptoms and he’s on a low carb, no potato diet for the time being just in case so I haven’t fed it in a while.

I haven’t fed the Sr chic & rice, but I am adding it to “my list” of approved 4H recipes since it looks like my store is stocking it now. I will have to check the puppy chic & rice label out when I am shopping there; they have carrageenan listed twice on the website recipe list for some reason. Maybe it’s wrong, IDK.

FWIW I don’t feed the chic stew because it contains titanium dioxide or the beef stew due to the caramel. Feeding a food with caramel in a rotation really isn’t that much of a deal breaker for me, but they have so many recipes to chose from and with the others I have in his base rotation I would only buy it if necessary.

#52647 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I will probably stick with the PB or ND stews then. But, add the salmon 4health to their rotation. Thanks!

#52736 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog
    #52739 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

OooH! yummy! Lol!

#52743 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I am going to have to make this. Hopefully, I can make it when no one is home so I can gross everyone out by just putting it on the table to cut without explaining what I made. ;p

#52777 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Hey guys! I got a good look at the cat food cabinet the other day and realized how low I was! Less than two weeks left! Oh my, that won’t do!

Luckily, my top two OMG I NEED CAT FOOD NOW choices (Authority Flaked Turkey and Friskies Special Diet) were on sale at PetSmart. I ended up with two cases of Friskies Special Diet Turkey & Giblets and Beef & Chicken, and a case of Authority Flaked Turkey for a little more than $30. Thankfully, I got my $10 Sentinel rebate, so that helped with the cost. I also went to Pet Supermarket and picked up 15 cans of Wellness Tuna and Trout for 3 cents a can after coupons (and three cans of Nutro for the dogs lol). A few meals of fish isn’t going to hurt anything, especially not with all the food I bought just now lol

Heads up about the Authority: they’ve changed all the recipes. My Flaked Turkey is now in gravy, and lower in protein 🙁 I wouldn’t have bought it if I didn’t need it so bad, and the stupid brat of a cat hadn’t stopped eating the regular Wellness. He really doesn’t like the regular Wellness any more for some reason….

Anyways, here’s all my cat food– 56 days worth! It’s about 1/2 Friskies and 1/2 Authority, Wellness, and etc.

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/3792E35C-B339-495E-9054-E996AE5325D5_zps6m9w5kxp.jpg

#52780 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Very nice stash!! Now you know how it feels to have a picky kitty. You’re still lucky it’s only one food though, so really you don’t have a picky kitty in my book! ;P

Since Bobby has been itching and licking his paws a little I went through his food today. For toppers I only have four cans that are low carb, GF, and no potato out of 20 cans and 3 boxes of THK, go figure. My pet store has Primal FD for half off this month so that will be most of his topper for the up-coming month along with a bag of NV medallions I have in the freezer. I’ll check out their canned selections when I get there too.

I have three small bags of kibble on hand, but they have potato in the recipes. So I went through my stash of samples and found I have over 12 lbs of different samples that fit the bill. I didn’t realize I had such a stash; there were so many I had to weigh them just to see how much there was. lol At least I don’t have to worry about buying more kibble.

#52781 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I don’t think he’s really being picky about the taste, but the consistency. I don’t think he likes how the carrageenan makes it “feel”. I mean, some of his other foods have it too, but they aren’t as thick. He does eat it after a while, I know for a fact he wouldn’t eat anything he doesn’t like the taste of LOL

12 pounds of samples?? Whole cow dude LOL Sorry you little guy is so itchy. Hopefully some of those samples will help him lol

#52783 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I think the samples are just what he needs. He really knows how to be cute for the manager at his fav pet store. She always gives us a small grocery bag of samples when we shop there. lol

So this month will be his “buffet” month because there are about five different brands and at least two different recipes to choose from. Funny thing is I still have a whole bunch of other samples left that are grain inclusive, probably about 5 pounds worth.

#52826 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

Hi Everyone! I do have a TSC about a half hour away, I will have to stop in to look around next time I pass it, I have never been inside one.

My cats started getting bored with the Go! sensitivity Duck pate about half way through the case, but the Chicken Soup for the Soul hasn’t been causing any noticeable digestive issues to I ordered another case. And of course they have started snubbing it now. They have also been snubbing the regular Wellness Turkey Pate. I bought a case of the Minced Turkey Wellness this month, because they have brought the price down to be equivalent to a case of 5.5oz cans of Pate, I think I remember it being more. So that should help because they usually like that. I also broke down and bought a couple of cans of Friskies Poultry Platter and Special Diet Turkey and Giblets, literally 2 cans each, just to rotate in from time to time to break up the monotony. That seems to be a big factor for my cats… if I feed too much of one thing they get sick of it and so I have to add in some variety. Chewy has been out of stock of the Taste of the Wild Rocky Mountain cans otherwise I definitely would have ordered a case of that too. It has a similar texture to the wellness minced or the Nature’s Variety Pride. Cats are such a pain in the butt. My parents don’t really buy into the whole rotation thing, so the puppy just eats the same thing all the time, Wellness Core puppy and he never gets sick of it. lol. Ever.

Viewing 50 posts - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,489 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.