šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Wendy J

Is there a list out there anywhere?

#72067 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Wendy J-
    I try to avoid it for my dogs also. I’ve never seen a list, but I have noticed that most canned stew type foods usually don’t have it whereas a lot of the pate styles do. The only problem is you get a little less bang for your buck with stews due to containing more water. I try to stick to budget friendly stews such as Pure Balance, 4Health and Kirkland. The other topper I use if on sale are frozen raw meat nugget, such as NW Naturals, Primal or Nature’s Variety. They do not contain carrageenan. Good luck!

#72094 Report Abuse
    Laura M

I looked up a few on Chewy’s but will cross check the company websites when I get a chance. The ones without carrageenan that I found are: Fromm Gold; Whole Earth Farms; Merrick Back Country; Wellness stews; Holistic Select grain free; Natures Variety Homestyle Prairie. It would be good to have a list posted on Dog Food Advisor at some point for all to use.

#72115 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Some of the Weruva Human Style recipes are free of carrageenan as well. As far as having a list, the recipes are always changing.

#152616 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Canidae All Life Stages Canned
    RAWZ

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.