šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin U

Hey guys,
    I was at the pet store the other night, and I came across this treat from Earth Animal and it said “Helps your dog stay calm and relaxed.” I was just wondering if anyone has tried it and if it works.

#95902 Report Abuse
    anonymous

Just read the ingredients, what do you think? Supplements are not medication. They are not intended to diagnose, cure, or treat anything….read the fine print.
    I would talk to the vet about other options if your dog is anxious.
    There are prescription meds that are effective that your vet can order if indicated.
    Have you tried increasing the dog’s activity level? Hour long walks? A game of fetch? Swimming? Running? I have found that exercise has a calming effect on dogs.
    You may find some helpful information here: http://skeptvet.com/Blog/2017/01/pet-remedy-a-natural-herbal-product-to-reduce-stress-and-anxiety/
    Nothing is being sold at the above site, no membership fees, no books, no t-shirts, no supplements. Just science based veterinary medicine.

#95906 Report Abuse
    anonymous

PS: If this is about your 8 week old puppy, it is normal for a pup that has been taken away from it’s mother and siblings too soon to be anxious and cry, a lot. I would not add supplements at this delicate stage of life, see what the vet that examines him recommends.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.