šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    rosamocosa
    Participant

my dog a minn pinn throws up when her syomach is empty i was told to gine her smaller meals more often i am doing that and it seems to work but she is gaining weight she went from 7 lbs to 10.6 in 8 months i give her wellness reduced fat i try to stay around 1/2 cup per day and i give her 2 small treats early in the morning to keep her stomach still till i feed her around 7a.m. does anyone have that problem is there a better dog food for this problem i asked my vet and he tried to tell me science diet prescription for sensitive stomachs would be better

#10676 Report Abuse
    Shawna

If you cut back on the amount of food fed at each meal does she still have the vomitting? My 7 pound Shih Tzu mix would be OBESE on 1/2 cup of food per day. However I know a dogs metabolism, and therefore amounts needed, can be very different. One half cup may be the right amount for your girl.. If it is not the amount being fed I’d have her checked for thyroid or other issues that cause weight gain.

As far as Wellness Reduced Fat, I think it’s a good food. The only thing that would be better is one higher in protein still with moderate amounts of fat. If you’re feeding higher calorie or carb heavy treats it might be worth trying small pieces of boiled chicken too.

#10766 Report Abuse
    rosamocosa
    Participant

i have never really tried feeding her less than 1/2 cup per day i guess its worth a try, she always seems to be hungry she has many issues chronic ear infections, bad knees, luxating patella issues, i told myself i was going to put a limit on the money i spend on her now she has cataracs, you can see them in her eyes and i am contemplating eye surgery . where do you put a limit

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.