šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Flossie
    Participant

Hi,
    I have a dog in the early stages of congestive heart failure, and I’d like to make sure his food has a low or at least moderate sodium content. He eats 4Health salmon & sweet potato now (canned and dry). But I can’t seem to find any info on who manufactures it so I can ask them about the sodium content. I’ve seen people mention that it’s either Diamond or Ainsworth, but I don’t see any reference to 4Health on either company’s website. I’m considering switching him to another brand that has given me their sodium content, but he really likes 4Health and has done well on it. Any ideas?

#21709 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Flossie –

4Health is a Tractor Supply owned brand but they outsource the manufacturing. The grain-inclusive dry food is manufactured by Diamond, the grain-free dry food is manufactured by Ainsworth and the canned food is manufactured by Simmons. Don’t even bother trying to contact Tractor Supply’s customer service with questions about 4Health – they’re useless. For the salmon and potato dry food I’d contact Diamond directly. I’ve contacted Diamond in the past with questions about specific nutrient values in various 4Health formulas and they’ve always been very helpful and quick to respond.

#21710 Report Abuse
    Flossie
    Participant

Thanks! I wish more companies would just list the sodium content on the package, since the ones I’ve contacted had the info readily available; I guess it’s just not really a concern for most people. I’ll contact Diamond and Simmons right away!

#165115 Report Abuse
    Bruce D
    Participant

I have had a similar experience with Tractor Supply..Doesn’t matter how hard you try you can’t reach them via message or phone cal with a question and a complaint..Their customer service sucks..Guess i will be shopping elsewhere..Any company that cares so little about the customers trying to contact them should not be in business anyway and whom ever is maintaining the site for them should be fired!!..You can reach the stores but they never have an answer for you..I was feeding my Cats the 4 health Chicken and whitefish soft food they have and it has all but disappeared from the shelves..Can’t get an answer as to why no matter how hard I try..It’s a total dead end!!!!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.