🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    wishiwere2

Is there an application that we can use on our phones when shopping for dogfood? I have a new ‘rescue’ pup, actually and older gentle giant (8y/o) and the previous owners had him on a costco Kirkland for older boys. Problem is, there is NO costco nearby.

I bought a Purina (for lite or some such) and he has turned to playing and perhaps eating his doo-doos. I did not see this happeneing before the switch. He’s also started getting into the trash, which leaves to me to believe that he is not getting satisfaction from the food. The feces also appears to have straw (fiber) in abundance in it and he’s producing way more in the amount of feces than he was on kirkland.

So, again, my qustion is, is there an application that would assist me when I go to the store to purchase and other items for him?

Thanks if anyone can help~

#31501 Report Abuse
    wishiwere2

OMGOSH! No wonder he’s eating his poops! That food is crap itself~ UGH…What do you feed your large dogs? He’s and 8 year old German Shepherd/Husky mix.

#31503 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I don’t know what your budget is but dr Tim’s & Natures Logic are great foods, great companies. So is Annamaet but a little more money. You could look at Fromm if you want grain inclusive but I’m not so impressed with their grainfree. Earthborn is a good choice as well.

#31505 Report Abuse
    wishiwere2

Cost isn’t an issue, unless it’s really expensive…currently looking for more work 🙁 I’ve not heard of Dr. Tim’s & Nature’s logic, or Annamaet, or Fromm…goodness, been without a canine for many years, so this is new again. I will check those out and see which I might find also…smaller area here~

Thanks so much for you input InkedMarie~

#31506 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Are you willing to order food online? Chewy.com is a great place. I find them to have the best prices and fast service. They have a great return policy, if you need that. I used to say “no” to ordering but now I order most dog food online. Other places are a Petflow.com (not as good a return policy), Wag.com and petfooddirect.com.

#31510 Report Abuse
    wishiwere2

Why do you order online, is it be/c local retailers don’t sell what you like, or just the prices?

#31511 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Where I live, I have two pet stores local. Neither have a great selection of dog food. Most of what they have are foods I wouldn’t feed. Their prices are quite high as well. In order to find a good selection of dog food, I have to drive 35 minutes, one way, to two good stores. At the price of gas, I order and it gets delivered right into my breezeway.

I have one dog who is on canned food only. I have an auto ship with Chewy. I get an email a week before it goes out. I can make any changes like I did last week. Got rid of one brand, got another, added a non food item. I ordered it on Saturday late afternoon, it was here on Tuesday early afternoon. Prices at Chewy are cheaper than I see locally.

You should sign up on all those places to get the emails. You’ll know when something is on sale. I have one on a NB limited ingredient diet. First bag was local at $60. Chewy had it on sale for $40 something a bag.

#31512 Report Abuse
    wishiwere2

Excellent information~ Thanks InkedMarie~ I’ll be checking them out today and putting an order in, b/c my car is snowed in and now going anywhere for a few days at least~ Thanks again for sharing what you know~ 😀

#31519 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You’re welcome! Sorry you’re snowed in. Where are you? We got a good amount in nh but we aren’t snowed in, luckily.

#31605 Report Abuse
    wishiwere2

Michigan~ It’s just been bitter cold (down to -9 some days) with all the snow and I don’t work, so I’ve not had the plow here till last night. Going out today. I beliee our locals do carry Fromms, so I’ll check that out today~ 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.