🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Bellalab

Hi everyone! Been lurking a while and find this sight very informative. I have a 20 month old black lab/bulldog mix named Bella. Bella has never really tolerated any kibble well and after much trial and error and a bout of colitis, I began making her food – a cooked diet. I have been doing this for app. 10 months and am always looking to improve. I won’t get into what I feed right now. The main reason for my posting is to ask about Dogzymes Organic Norwegian Kelp. I recently bought this brand and noticed the ingredient list includes arsenic, mercury, and lead. Is this really safe to give to a dog?

#54972 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The only ingredient in kelp should be kelp. Are you sure you aren’t looking at a lab analysis telling you what levels of these compounds were found in their kelp. Kelp is frequently grown in contaminated waters, so companies that get their kelp from “clean” sources often provide this info to show you how low the naturally occurring levels are.

#54975 Report Abuse
    Bellalab

Yes you are right. It says typical analysis at the top now that I quit panicking and looked!! Thanks! 🙂

#82118 Report Abuse
    EmilyAnn
    Participant

Hi Everyone,

I have a 5 year old Dachshund mix who has horrible breath. We do rotational raw frozen (commercial diet) with fish oil 1 time/day and coconut oil every other day. A friend of mine also feeds raw and told me that her dog’s breath is only better when she uses ProDen Plaque Off, which I had tried in the past but discontinued when I ran out because I wasn’t sure if it was doing anything for my dog’s plaque. But it’s got me thinking again about sea kelp and wondering if anyone else uses a sea kelp product? Does it help? Looking into this one: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00G4V0KP4?psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=ox_sc_act_title_1&smid=A1ROM4OZCLTYDD

Thanks!
    Emily

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.