🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 1,489 total)
  • Author
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Akari-
    Welcome to the cat world! Yes, your cat will be naughty for a while. Mine ruined a set of curtains when they were little and continue to be rough on our blinds. Please try to open up a few blinds so the cat can see out and won’t ruin them. And, yes, my cats have torn up my furniture as well. I don’t think any cats should be de-clawed. Also, please to get a snug fitting break-away collar for him. You can’t even imagine how many situations cats can get them selves in. I believe the saying that cats have nine lives is true! LOL!

#35700 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

They are the bloodwork that should be done before spay/neuter surgery. Those are all good prices.

#35812 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Alright guys, I have a problem. I’m certain this cat has a urinary tract infection. I barely have the money for shots and possible neutering (I’m seriously paying for it out of my savings, and it’ll be about $200), but I likely can’t afford to have the cat diagnosed and treated in the time frame it needs to be done (it really just depends on if the vet takes pity on me or not….). I mean, I’m canceling my own doctors appointment so I can have that extra money for his shots and whatever else he needs…. Does anyone know if I could contact local cat rescues and possibly have them help me with the bills? Would they do that? And does anyone know of any sort of programs that provide veterinary help for low income pet owners? I mean, shelters are full, I’m sure someone would rather fork out some extra money to keep an animal in a home it already has rather than it get dropped off because it has medical needs.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 1 month ago by Akari_32.
    #35821 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi Akari 32:
    Sorry to hear your guy isn’t feeling so well. I am not sure how helpful I can be, but what I would do if I were in your shoes is start contacting your local SPCA, Humane Society, and rescues. I am sure they will be able to provide you with some information for low cost vet services. I did a quick Google search using “veterinary care low income” and quite a few sites came up for the area I live in. My advice to you is to get him to a Vet as quick as possible as this condition can quickly become very painful, critical, and more costly to treat as time passes. Hoping the best for both of you!

#35822 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

What are your cat’s symptoms?

#35826 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

He’s not going to the litter box *often* but when he does visit, it’s usually just a small amount, about 2 inches across, and it’s bloody (not bad, but there’s a pink tinge). I noticed a few days ago, after being locked in the bathroom, that his spot on the counter was peppered with blood, but since it was literally all over the counter in teeny tiny spots, I figured he broke a claw off, or scratched himself, or something. It was the next day or later that day that I found only a small amount of pee in the box with some red in it for the first time. I’ve also been reading that his behavior could be from a UTI (he’s naughty!), but he’s also adjusting to a new life, so I can’t say for sure. His pee also has a strong smell to it, too. Like, a sweaty, BO, sort of smell. But for all I know, male cats could just smell like that anyways. He doesn’t seem to be uncomfortable, though.

#35832 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

I have two male cats and their pee doesn’t smell strong nor is there any blood in it. You are right it sounds like a UTI. I hope you are able to get him to the vet ASAP. It’s a huge responsibility taking on another pet. I’m not sure we are always ready for it. (Including myself). I think this cat sounds pretty well behaved for a stray. It will just take him some time to learn the rules. He hasn’t had any for a while. Good luck to you, Akari.

#35840 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I’m going to call around tomorrow (who ever will answer for a Sunday) and I’ve been looking around online for places that may be able to help with it, and I’ve got a few on my list. If this was planned I would have had no problem affording it, after having saved up for it. But since it was like “oh by the way here’s a cat” I’ve got some working out to do with money. Unfortunately, I’m now dealing with something that needs to be done right away, and not whenever I can get it done. I’ve only got Monday and most of Friday this week that I have off during vet hours, so I’ve got to get going.

He’s not *bad* really, but several times a day he just paces the house meowing and meowing, and seems like he’s looking for trouble, which is what I was associating with a UTI. Otherwise, he’s just a cat. He likes to “help” with making his food, or making your food, or doing things around the house, likes to play in the blinds. Normal cat stuff lol

I’ve been watching him the last few days, and he’s got a slight limp. Is this something that could be caused by a UTI? We’ve got all tile in the main areas of the house, too, so he could have just landed wrong during one of his adventures. It doesn’t seem to bother him at all, otherwise. He plays and jumps and does cat things.

In the mean time, is there anything I can do to at least contain this? He’s on all wet food (half dry mixed in than canned, with water added), so that’s covered. His dry EVO is almost gone, so I could buy a urinary tract health food if they really work. Any recommendations on those?

#35846 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi Akari 32:
    I don’t have any food recommendations for you other than to make sure he’s getting moisture in his food and drinking H2O regularly. I do recommend you check out catinfo.org for Dr. Pierson’s info on urinary tract health. “Generally speaking, the basic diet recommendation for the average cat with urinary tract issues is a high protein/low carbohydrate canned food with added water.” – Dr. Pierson catinfo.org. Here’s the link for the page: http://www.catinfo.org/?link=urinarytracthealth
    If you feed your kitty dry food, the other site I visit is naturalcatcareblog.com, for what it’s worth has a list of dry foods with pH levels noted that are supposedly ideal for urinary tract health. As with catinfo.org, this blog does not recommend dry food for cats. They write “in a pinch, picking a low-carb, grain-free dry food to use on occasion or in rotation with wet meals is a decent compromise.” Wellness Core Original GF is one of the foods that are listed. If this food is an option for you to feed you can always download the $5.00 coupon from their website to make it a little more affordable. Here’s the link for the dry food list: http://www.naturalcatcareblog.com/2011/08/best-dry-cat-foods-so-far/
    Sending positive thoughts your way, keep us up to date when possible.

#35863 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Yes, Akari, as Bobby Dog recommended, the catinfo dot org site has great info on UTIs. Again, the main thing is to make sure he is getting plenty of moisture to flush the crystals. If not, a blockage could be created and then the cat is in real danger. Assuming that is what is going on. Dr. Lisa Pierson even goes as far to say that it’s ok to feed a lower quality canned food rather than to feed a dry kibble to ensure they get enough moisture. To keep price down, I do feed my cats a can of Friskes Classic Poultry Platter every couple of days. It is the one flavor of this brand that at least has a named meat as the first ingredient and does not list any food coloring. I also think that Petsmart’s Authority is a decent budget canned food. I feel for you. I know what it is like to unexpectedly take ona pet with unexpected issues that you weren’t prepared for. This cat is lucky you took him in!

#35865 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I’ll check those out, thanks guys 🙂 I use the dry to basically spread out the wet food. Mix half and half, and add enough water so that the dry isn’t soaking it in from the wet. I tend to add it when I first mix, and then add more when I prepare the food for him at meal times (one 5.5 oz can or two 3 oz cans, dry food, some water, then it goes in the fridge until it’s gone, and more water is added when I warm it up in his bowl). Some times I add too much water to his bowl and it’s more like a nasty little soup, but he drinks all that up when that happens. When mom feeds him, she just slaps a can of wet in his bowl, and then he’s hungry again by the time I get home, because she only fed him enough food for a cat 1/4 of his size…. She even got mad a me for buying different flavors in single cans LOL Likes like “buy the variety pack!!” Then I asked her if she wanted to pay for it and I got no response :p

Anyways lol He won’t outright drink water from his water dish. He’s done it once, that I’ve seen, and it was because he thought it was food, and dove it with out looking. He wasn’t very happy about that LOL So maybe I should add all that extra water, then?

And on an unrelated note: this is the only cat in the world that won’t take treats. Mom bought him some Temptations treats, and he only eats them when he’s absolutely starving. Won’t touch them other wise. I don’t know if he’s smart for that, or just weird… Lol

#35870 Report Abuse
    b l

we gave up dry cat food, aka kitty crack years ago when we realized how harmful it all is, even the so-called “good” brands and are currenlty feeding wellness grain free canned food to my cats and only just now realized it contains fruit and vegetables, which i do not want to feed to my (obligate carnivore) cats.
    do you have any recommendations for ‘ready made’ available in stores, wet or freeze dried choices which are healthy and do not contain grain, fruits and vegetables?
    thank you.

#35871 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi b l:
    As this site is my go to for my dog’s diet, catinfo.org is my go to site for my cats’ diet information. Dr. Pierson has a great list (and why she recommends them) of freeze dried choices, canned food, and great information on feeding a semi-raw/raw diet to cats. I highly recommend this site to anyone who has cats. If nothing else, it would be a great starting point to find what you are looking for. Catinfo has an abundance of information on other health issues and general cat care that you might find interesting as well.

My cats’ “kitty crack” has been greatly reduced but they still need their dry food fix. They are older and fairly set in their ways. I hope you check out the site and find what you are looking for!

#35876 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi Akari 32:
    If I were you, I would take C4c’s recommendation and invest in just wet food at this time at least until you know a little more about your kitty’s condition. Look into the Friskies poultry platter flavor she recommended and the Petsmart’s Authority brand; Petsmart carries the poultry platter flavor (49 cents). The convenient thing about Friskees is it is available in grocery stores and Wal-Mart not just pet stores and both brands are budget friendly.

Try adding a little water to the wet food you are feeding also. It wouldn’t hurt a thing to feed only wet (it’s a good thing to do) and you would be getting more moisture into him which is very important for any cat especially if a UTI is suspected.

Just a thought about getting him to drink more water, I had a cat that was obsessed with drinking water from the faucet. If you are comfortable doing this, what I would do is leave the bathroom sink or tub faucet on so just a small stream of water was running and he would play and drink out of it for five minutes or so. I did this at various times during the day when I was home. It’s funny to watch too!

From catinfo.org:
    Tricks used to increase water consumption:
    1. water fountain
    2. flavored waters such as tuna water, chicken or beef broth, clam juice, lactose-free cat milk (CatSip), etc. – can be kept in covered (to prolong fresh smell and taste) ice cube trays
    3. add plain water to canned food – ~1 TBS per meal – or whatever amount your cat likes

You can make your own tuna water by taking a can of tuna and adding 3 cups of water. Break up the tuna and let it sit for awhile (~15 minutes, give or take) and then pour the tuna water into covered ice cube trays.
    3 cups of water fills two 16-cube trays.
    After warming the flavored ice cubes to ‘mouse body’ temperature you can:
    • add to canned food
    • set out as a separate drink of water

Keeping my fingers crossed for both of you!

#35881 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Akari-
    I totally understand why you are using the dry food. I also use some due to budget reasons. But, for right now, I’d try to just go with the wet until you get his condition resolved. I’m hoping for the best. If he has a blockage, it will either be a huge vet bill or euthanasia. Again, good luck! And BTW, Bobby Dog, I let mine drink out of the sink also!

#35882 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi C4c:
    I miss that cat so much who drank from the faucet! It was the funniest thing to watch especially if I had a bad day. I tried my darnedest to get my other cats to drink out of the faucet but they just don’t see the fun in it!

#35884 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Not to argue, but I don’t see how adding water to dry food, and then adding the whole lot to wet food, would cause problems with dehydration and UTIs. Its not like I’m feeding him straight dry food.

#35886 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi Akari 32:
    I understand the question as I had the same when I first started researching the best diet for my cats. In my opinion, Dr. Pierson has the best explanation to your question, so I would have to refer you to her website; I would just butcher and confuse the subject of wet vs. dry food for cats! She does a great job of explaining what has to go on in order for a cat to digest dry food and the reason it is so taxing on their bodies.

Ultimately he is in your hands and you will have to decide what you feel is best for him. But I do feel strongly about getting him to the Vet ASAP so you can find out for certain if he has UTI issues.

#35898 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The problem with dry is the amount of starches that are required to hold it together changes the pH of the urine, which encourages UTIs. Cats don’t handle sugars as well as dogs do and if there is any sugar spillage into the urine, it will feed the bacteria too.

#35903 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

EVO isn’t very starchy, though, I wouldn’t think. It’s like 2 billion % protein (ok, more like 50-something, but still). Then again, I’m no cat expert, so, you know…. Lol

I’ve been looking around online, and it seems my cheapest options for all canned are Friskies (cheapest at PetCo in cases of 12 13.2 oz cans with $2 off $10 Pet Supermarket coupon), Grreat Choice (PetSmarts version of Friskes), and Authority (maybe, once I figure out how much of it you feed). I’ll obviously keep an eye out for sales and coupons on better foods, but if all wet is the route I have take, these are going to be the bulk of his diet. I’ve still got my Wellness Signature Selects BOGO coupons I’ll be using after vet bills are taken care of.

I’ve decided I’ll be putting off shots for now, and getting them done when I can take a day off and get them done at the humane society (or they do a mobile shot clinic sooner, since those are done on weekends), and take him to the vet tomorrow for a health check and to get this UTI taken care of. I’ve got all day tomorrow, so I’ll be up first thing in the morning, call the vet and get going. He’ll probably take us right away, since the only early patiences they tend have are surgeries, and it’s not like those happen often around here.

#35909 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m glad you’re going ahead and taking him to the vet. I don’t know if you are aware that UTIs can cause crystal formation, and crystals can be a very big deal in male cats because of how small their parts are.

#35911 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

That sounds like a great plan! As theBCnut succinctly wrote (which I could never have done so well!) carbohydrates are the issue with kibble as well as the body having to work overtime to compensate for the lack of moisture in kibble. All kibble requires a starch to hold it together no matter the quality of the product. Good luck tomorrow!!!

#35912 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Well, I mean, he was going anyways, but I just can’t afford to get it all done at once. Shots can be put off, but a UTI can’t.

Since the topic is up, do you think he could have a crystal blockage? He’s got about 1/2 normal sized pee and half little blood tinted pee when I clean the box out every day (there’s usually about three pees and one poop). I would guess that since he’s still having decent sized pee some of the time, a blockage is unlikely (at least not large one).

Does anyone have a carb percentage on the EVO (or want to take a guess)? I don’t recall seeing it on the website.

#35913 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Blockage is what I would worry about. So far, if he isn’t standing around in a peeing position yowling, I wouldn’t expect him to be blocked at this point, but I would sure watch him for signs.

#35914 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I don’t have a guess on the carbs in EVO but they are there. I couldn’t tell you if he has a blockage or not, but I can say I believe you are ahead of the game with this possible UTI! My cat was not feeling well late one afternoon and I made an appointment to see our Vet the next morning. When I came home from work after midnight that night there was no mistaking the pain he was in. He could not move and he was crying out in pain; a really horrible cry. You are not at that point yet and taking him to the Vet first thing in the morning is the very best you can do for him. Make sure your vet knows you need to bring him in ASAP because of a suspected UTI issue. I am a little distracted by the Walking Dead, it looks extra creepy tonight. Anyway, I barely got him to the ER after finding him in that condition. He had a blockage and the Vet who operated on him said if I had gotten him their one second later, his kidneys would have exploded. Since his condition was so critical and required a hospital stay, it cost me close to $2,000 (if not more). So I am sure catching this condition early and adjusting your kitty’s diet is a step in the right direction.

#35915 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

He doesn’t seem to have trouble going, or seem to be hurting, so I think we’re ok in that department. He has been licking himself the last day or so, but only a time or two a day, keeping in mind I rarely see this cat groom himself. So, the amount of time spent grooming vs the amount of time spent licking is crotch, he does more inappropriate licking than he does grooming. He has a few small mats (they’ll be cut out later), so I don’t think he does much actual grooming lol

I’m 99% sure this was a preexisting problem. Mom always complained that his pee smelled strong. I’m not so sure it has anything to do with anything I’ve done, other than the added stress of a new life. Our vets (regular vet and our OMG-we-have-no-money-and-need-a-vet CareCredit vet) both push Science Diet, so hopefully he doesn’t try any of that crap on me…

Random side note: I bought a laser pointer, a sticky-ropey-chasey thing, and a bag of random fluffy and jingly balls at Dollar Tree. He looooves the string-on-a-stick (let’s just say there used to be feathers on it, and there’s not now lol), and he is mildly interested in jingle balls. We were playing with the stick-thing tonight, then his kitty ADD kicked in and one of the fluffy balls caught his interest, and he went to town on that thing for like 5 minutes. Ran all over the house chasing it, crashing into things, tripping over himself. Crazy cat LOL

#35918 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Those sound like great toys to wear out a playful kitty. At one time I had a short legged JRT and two kittens (a brother and sister) all 8 weeks old. I would never do that again in a million years. I had an early morning job excercising racehorses and worked in a restaurant at night. 8 hours of sleep was never in the cards for me. The only thing that worked for me was to keep those kitties up no matter what when I was home until I was ready to sleep. If I didn’t, those three kept me up all night long playing. My female kitten loved to attack stuffed animals so I always had a couple out for her to wrestle with. I also got an old carpet remnant from a carpet store and rubbed catnip all over it. The cats would use it for scratching and also run and jump on it to slide across the floor. Their other favorite toy, JRT included, was a plain old brown paper bag. They would jump on it and smash it up, then try to figure out how to get into it when it was all crumpled up. Kitties are crazy!

#35925 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

We buy cases of bottled water for drinking, and he took over an empty case. He sleeps in there LOL I gave him a paper bag earlier tonight, but I think he still prefers his empty water case, since its a little taller. Its pretty funny :p

http://i765.photobucket.com/albums/xx294/Akari53/E45905C2-1658-4EE4-AC5A-63E9CD3C0AFF_zpsqyz9xqmr.jpg

God, Bentley is only half Jack Russell, and a year and a half. I can’t imagine him being full Jack Russell, and then adding in a few more crazy little beasts at the same time LOL Thankfully, he slept a lot when he was a puppy! XD

#35927 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

I love that picture, too cute!!! I used to take my JRT to work with me. When she got bigger I would take her galloping cross country when we weren’t exercising on the track. That was perfect for wearing her out but I still had to contend with those kitties when I got home!

#35929 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Just tried the laser pointer. Holy cow, he had a blast LOL Had him sprinting through the house at top speed for it XD

#35941 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Very cute cat picture. Hope he’s doing better. And yes, the laser pointer never fails. All my dogs and cats, even my 15 year old senior kitty can’t resist chasing the light.

#35942 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Thanks :3 We have an appointment for 1:30 at the vet today. Hopefully the damage isn’t bad (cat wise and money wise) >.<

I’m kind of wondering he doesn’t have some sort of intestinal worms or something. He *really* likes to eat. Like, really, really like to eat. He keeps his weight pretty well though. He lost 0.2 pounds after all that hard play yesterday, but he usually keeps right at 11.4, so maybe not, and he’s just a fatty. Do you’re guy’s cats always act like they’re starving?

#35945 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

We’re at the vet. He’s not happy to locked up in a cage LOL Wish us (and my bank -_-) luck!

#35948 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

We’re back from the vet. It wasn’t too bad. Turns out, he’s not fixed lol He does have a UTI, they gave him a polyflex shot, four cans of Hills C/D, and a weeks worth of Clavamox for me to squirt into his mouth (10 bucks says this cat hates me when his meds are done LOL).

He asked what I had been feeding, and didn’t seem displeased, nor did he try and take me for a ride and say the cat had to stay on the C/D, he just wanted him on it for a week (since it’s only 4 cans and this cat weighs like a billion pounds, I guess I’ll do half a can a day).

Once he’s done with his treatment, he wants to see us back in a few weeks to get him neutered and get shots. They told us to call the county and fill out some paper work, and we could qualify for free/reduced price spay and neuter, which totally rocks.

In the end, today only costed me $106. Not bad, I guess. Can’t wait to have to get Haley’s shots and Trifexis in a few weeks -_- lol I called mom on the way home and she hopes this will help with the pee smell, and I think she’s right, especially after he’s neutered.

#35950 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! What great news for your furry guy and you!!! I missed it, but what is his name? At least you caught the infection before it escalated to the point of what my poor cat endured.

I would like to suggest (I know, I know, you didn’t ask for any suggestions and I am sure your Vet already covered this with you anyway) to help his body clear out the infection to closely monitor his H2O intake by adding it to his food or at least making sure he is drinking the proper amount for his size and finding the best low carb foods that fit your budget for after you finish the C/D. What a lucky kitty to have you taking care of him now!

#36010 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Hey, suggest away! I’ve been adding water to his food for a while now, anyways. Mainly to make the dry/canned mix more the same texture as just canned. That’s probably what kept his UTI from getting out of hand before we realized what was going on.

He did say to make sure he’s drinking enough water, and to try a fountain waterer, and to switch from plastic bowls to glass or stainless (I bought stainless ones– and a brush lol), because the plastic can hold in bacteria and whatever. He also said to change his water out a few times a day.

He doesn’t have a name yet. I sort of want to name him Logan or Eric (from X-Men), but I don’t want to give him too much of a human name. I’m weird like that lol Pets have to have pet names. But then again I have a goldfish named Bruce (Batman :p), so who knows LOL Really i just can’t find a name that suits him. He’s quite most of the time, but he know how to cause trouble, and I’m pretty sure he’s plotting Bentleys doom LOL I may scoot around the Humane Society’s adoptable cat page and see if there are any names I can steel lol Anyone have any suggestions?

As for the food I’ve settled on, based on cost and how much is fed, it’s mainly going to be Friskies, as much as I hate to do it, based on the company alone. But many people use it, and it’s the most recommended of what I see online. I guess many “premium” brands use a lot of fat to keep costs down, and their cheaper lines are pretty carby. Friskies is grain free, low fat, and high protein. So, despite the Purina thing, and the by products, i guess that’ll be most of his diet, as well at Grreat Choice’s version of Friskies, and Authority. (And of course anything I find on sale/that has coupons).

#36015 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hey Akari:
    Glad everything is well! Don’t ask me for name ideas because I just realized after reading what you just posted all my pets except one have human names, it was not intentional.

Your Vet gave you great instructions for his H2O care, using stainless steel bowls, changing it out etc. Try giving the running faucet thing a whirl if your comfortable with it; maybe you won’t need a pet fountain!

Keeping his litter, the box, and the scooper clean will help also.

I think your feeding plan sounds fine! You know what to look for in a pet food, feeding canned will help him stay healthy, he has a good home to live in (with toys), Vet care, what more could he ask for?

#36018 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Haha, I’m usually good with giving my pets names, but once you name about 20 goldfish, several dogs and a handful of reptiles, I guess you run out of ideas LOL It gets to the point where you either give them freakishly original names like Gimpy to the goldfish missing it’s dorsal fin, or Spotty and Changey to the ones that are spotted or changed their colors, or you just don’t name them at all XD One of my leopard geckos went months without a name. We just call him “Yizard” for the longest time (making fun of my cousins inability to properly pronounce anything when he was younger lol). Maybe some day his cat will have a name :p

I do plan to try the faucet thing, but I don’t think he’ll go for it. He doesn’t like water at all. He was being bad in the kitchen the other night, and mom sprayed him, and some got on the floor. He would not pass that wet spot until it dried, so he was “stuck” in there for several minutes LOL He did sit on the bathroom counter when I took a shower this morning, though…

I think he’d be happy with free range of the fridge LOL This cat can eat! I’m not really sure where he puts it all :p

#36023 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hooray! I’m glad the infection was caught before it got out of hand. Sounds like you are doing a great job. The cat is very cute. And BTW, I don’t think 11 lbs is really that much for a male cat. Mine are about 13 and 15 lbs and they are not fat! The girls are 9 and 11 lbs. however, the 11 lb girl is chubby. I am trying to work on that! Lol!as for the water, I just turn my faucet on a very slow drip and it just seems to draw them in. I think authority and friskies will be just fine. He probably wouldn’t even have lived much longer had you not rescued him. Good luck.

#36033 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I guess 11 pounds isn’t really that big, but still LOL

The only think I’m not too fond of with the Authority is that some of them have corn-something (gluten, maybe? I can’t remember exactly) in them. But if its a good price, I’ll go for it, and just make sure I don’t get those ones. Of course, I’m on PetSmart’s website trying to figure out which one it was, and I can’t seem to find it, so maybe they just changed it…? lol

#36043 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Found an AWESOME coupon! Free kitty food for me! Whoop whoop!

http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/wellness-can-sample.pdf

Also, turns out its the Grreat Choice version of Friskies that had corn in it. I also found a 12 pack of the 13 oz cans of Friskies for like 7 bucks at PetSmart. Score!

#36046 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Whoop whoop!!! LOL!

#36054 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

Hi All:
    Just an FYI, you may already know this, however if you don’t you can sign up for Wellness’ “join our community,” which you can find on the right side of any product page on their site, and they will send you $1.00 off cans and $3.00 off of bag coupons (for dog or cat products) each month. The same thing with their sister company Holistic Select. When you join their club, it looks like you will get a $5.00 coupon for something this month, but I also receive $1.00 off cans and $3.00 off bag coupons each month. Their offer is on their homepage.

I think I have signed up for just about every pet food company birthday, news & events, our community, and whatever else they call promotions that my pet store carries. Most have some kind of offer/coupon at some time throughout the year of value to me. Happy savings!!!!

#36056 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi-
    I do get the $3 and $1 coupon monthly. Looking forward to getting a $5 one though!

#36060 Report Abuse
    Bobby dog

to quote Akari 32 “whoop, whoop!”

#36061 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

I get the wellness coupons emailed every now and then, but not monthly. Weird. I’ll just go resign-up for it LOL To get their $5 off bag ones you just do the “check your bag” thing, and then print out a crap-top of them :p Who needs the $3 off when you have $5 off??

I’ll sign up for the holistic selects, thanks! My lps carries that brand. I’ve signed up for most of the brands that are carried around here, as well as PetPerks, VIP, and Pals lol

Don’t be jealous of my words :p

#36067 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #36068 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant
    #36073 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Akari and Bobby dog, I just printed me some coupons! Yay! Printed some for my friend too!

AND, I have a PetCo coupon for $5-off any bag of Wellness. Issue is, that coupon doesn’t become active until July 1st. BUT, the above coupons expire in April.

BUT, can I print them again in July, do you know??? I am referring to the $3-off dry food coupon.

#36074 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

Wellness resets all their coupons monthly, so, yes you can print it out again later 😉

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 1,489 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.