šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Tammy H

Hi there
    Any dog food you guys can think of that has no seafood, or even omega, no peas and no canola oil? I tried to find like a chart that you can sort of punch in what you don’t want to see and it would spit out a list of foods that don’t have those ingredients, but I cant seem to find it.
    I’ve been looking at specific brands and reading labels but wanted to see if maybe anyone here has the same issues and what they’ve found?

Thanks in advance!
    Tammy

#65612 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Try Canine Caviar, Addiction and FirstMate. Those are three brands that I feed my dog with food intolerance issues, one of which is fish.

You could also give this a shot: dogfoodwizard.com. It’s not foolproof, so you’ll need to double check the ingredients for foods it finds that meet your criteria. There are also foods that aren’t listed.

What I do on a regular basis is go to Chewy.com and go through the ingredients of hundreds of foods, one at a time. It’s the only way to be sure.

#65822 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Fromm Duck and Sweet Potato (I have a pea intolerant girl so Fromm 4star grain inclusive is my go to for protein variety, most things that have a semi acceptable level of protein to me are chicken) it’s still a bit low in protein, but be diligent with toppers.

I’m sure there are some LID diets out there that would also work. I checked NVI which is usually my go to recommendation but they have peas (which I am now remembering why I don’t use it myself)

how big is the dog? canned or dehydrated may be easier to find a rotation with, but can get expensive with a big guy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.