šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Asarma
    Participant

I have a 5 year old 12 lb Yorkie-poo. I feed him Wellness small bites. Is it ok to give him regular sized dog food or should I stick with small bites?

Thanks!

#25810 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Whether or not you feed small bites has to do with whether or not your small dog has trouble eating normal sized kibble, nothing else. My 12 lb dog has no trouble with the biggest kibbles I have ever found so I don’t worry about kibble size myself. You could try asking for a sample of some food that has larger kibble to try for your dog.

#25820 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I think smaller kibbles digest better than thicker kibbles since the dog digestive tract is fast.

#25822 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

This is very true. Digestive juices and enzymes can only reach surface areas, the more surface area, the better a kibble is digested. That’s one of the things I liked about Earthborn. The kibble is about the size of a dime and about as thin as a dime too. That’s a lot of surface area, and it broke down very quickly. Actually, it started falling apart when I wet it, before I could hand it to the dogs two minutes later.

#25833 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

There was a post from someone that said his dog did better on the EVO small bites that he had accidentally bought instead of the regular size.

#25846 Report Abuse
    Asarma
    Participant

Thank you so much for your thoughts. I’ll stick with small size.

#25856 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Me too!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.