đŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Richard P

It seems that grouping all the Purina Pro Plan Focus line together with a rating of 2.5 is a bit inaccurate, especially if you view the ingredients of the Sensitive Skin and Stomach Salmon formula. This formula lacks the gluten ingredients found in the rest of the line and I believe should be rated higher. Would like to hear Mike Sagman’s response to this.

#111590 Report Abuse
    Steve M
    Participant

I wouldn’t feed any purina to my dogs. I think their beneful helped give one of my last Greyhounds cancer. Also a man in California is suing them for benefits effects on his dogs. (Several died). “Nutrish” is well liked and rated highly and Walmart has it for $29.00 Per 40 lb. bag !!!

#111592 Report Abuse
    Steve M
    Participant

#111690 Report Abuse
    Richard P

I’m not a big Purina fan either, but let’s forget the “brand” for a minute and look at ingredients of this particular formula. None of the “questionable” in Red ingredients in the review of Pro Plan Focus are actually contained in the “Sensitive Skin and Stomach Salmon” formula (with the exception of the 7th ingredient, animal fat preserved with mixed tocopherols).
    Here are the top 7 ingredients of “Sensitive Skin and Stomach”:
    Salmon, Barley, Ground Rice, Canola meal, Oat meal, Fish meal, Animal fat preserved with mixed tocopherols.
    It doesn’t contain specific probiotics but does contain unulin, a quality prebiotic.

I’m not advocating the Purina brand. I just think that this specific formula is a much better dog good than most of the other Pro Plan Focus recipes and that they should not all be lumped together with a 2.5 rating when their ingredients are vastly different.

#111709 Report Abuse
    Steve M
    Participant

After “benefil” problem, I still wouldn’t give them a penny of my money (glycosphate) and it’s still on the market !!!

#111716 Report Abuse
    Richard P

My last paragraph in my last post sums up the purpose of my posting. I would simply like to know why Mike Sagman believes it proper to lump of group of differing formulas, analyze one of the formulas, and then use that to rate the whole group containing totally different ingredients.

So I am not really interested in your opinion, Steve; only in a reply from Mike Sagman, which I probably will not receive.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.