šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    anonymous

http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/resources/tips/trouble_affording_veterinary_care.html
    Having trouble affording veterinary care?
    Help is out there

#98504 Report Abuse
    K C

your pup needs to be tested before treatment, if you don’t have the funds call you local humane society and they will give you info for a free clinic or test the
    stool for you.. you will definitely need a dog probiotic to restore the bacteria balance in the pups body and they are safe even if not ill .
    There many viruses out there as it is Spring , unfortunately some are deadly if left untreated. There can be many thing that cause diarrea in pups not everything is from illness or parasite ,they could have a blockage from eating something.
    Note that most people on here already have a diagnosis and just need to finish getting rid of the parasite.
    Best wishes in getting help

#102653 Report Abuse
    Renee M

Our 9 week old lab puppy was just diagnosed with Giardia. The vet prescribed metronidazole. I have been reading this thread and have a couple of questions. Many have suggested Pancera C as a treatment method. I am wondering if I should get some of this to give her along with her prescription, or should I wait until the next fecal test? I also have a 4 yo lab in the house (which I mentioned to the vet) and I’m wondering if I should give him Pancera C as a precaution, or wait and have a fecal test done on him? Thanks for any suggestions as this is the first time (after 5 dogs) ever dealing with Giardia.

#102654 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I would direct your questions to the veterinarian that is treating your dog.
    Leave a message for the veterinarian to call you back when he has a minute.
    My vet doesn’t mind returning calls, that’s a benefit of having a regular vet that knows you and your pets.

#102657 Report Abuse
    K C

When my pup had the guardian we did both at the same time. The panacur c kills the guardian after the cyst stage using the ingredient flatly but the falgyl is coated for the canine stomach in panacur c, uncoated can cause vomitting. the metronidazole is an antibiotic to help repair any irritation or infection the cyst cause the stomach walls by default it can cause constipation which may help if they have the runs too. both are given with food and the probiotic is need to restore balance in the gut caused by the guardian and antibiotic. Both drugs do 2 different things, as always check with you Vet, as they have a medical history we dont, it to mention you have an infant and their weight may be too low to regulate the dose on panacur C.
    As always use old pillow cases/ towels to cover bedding and use bleach to clean them, use boiling water for toys and remember clorox 4 spray and sunlight is a great asset.

#102658 Report Abuse
    K C

please note folks that panacur and panacur c are 2 different products. the C is for the canine stomach. regular panacur may not make it down to the intestine where the parasite lives , and the C not only coats the flagly, but keeps the drug intact to make it down there to do it’s job. regular flagyl breaks apart to soon and will be diluted and break down in the stomach and most likely make the pup vomit.

#103017 Report Abuse
    Teresa

Hi Ya’ll. I’m a brand new member. Wow CaC and Losul some GREAT advice and recommendations here. Thank you for that. We got our Cavalier King CHarles at 9 weeks and she unfortunately came with Giardia. It was the negligence of the Breeder…not keeping the backyard clean enough and poop contaminated the water. Mom drank and this affected 3 different litters! Yes it was a bitch to get rid of. 3 or 4 found of Panacur and Flagyl together. I did use pumpkin (tsp per meal) and also did the mega Probiotic. She’s 15 months now and in top health. But I feel for you that are going through the process. Just wanted to say hi and thank-you for all your helpful information. Teresa

#118532 Report Abuse
    Caitlin H

Please do not list o @crazy4cats GARLIC CAN KILL YOUR DOG!!!!!! jesus christ at least look these kinds of things up before you give it to your animal

#118533 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Caitlin, you need to do research. The amount of garlic that makes it toxic to dogs is so huge; no one would feed that much to their pets.

#147922 Report Abuse
    anam Q

My puppy is 10 weeks old He had loose stool from the moment i brought him home Tested positive for giardia Hes now being treated with panacur Tomorrow is his 5th and last day! I hope its gone!!! Anyone have immediate recurrence?

Viewing 10 posts - 51 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.