Ketona?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

andrea g

Has anyone heard of Ketona dry dog food or have any experience with it? It is supposedly a high protein, low-carb, dry dog food. As much reading as I have been doing lately about kibble, I’m curious about this.

#108412 Report Abuse

InkedMarie

I’ve never heard of it.

#113269 Report Abuse

Kayla B

I was also curious about Ketona dry dog food. andrea g, did you find any more information about it?

#113725 Report Abuse

Michelle S

Hi, I very much like Ketona dog food; I have corresponded with the owner, Daniel, about their Ketona dog food; I also have looked at the information – which has a ton of research behind it; and I have two Great Pyrenees adults who have separate health issues. Both need a very good food that does not contain hidden ingredients, no grains, and is based more on what dogs need to eat to remain strong and healthy; I have found it provides a healthy balance for them both. When I began looking for high protein, medium fats, and very low carbs, I started seeing how few truly low carb food there were available – even in the 5 star foods. So I have had them on this food for several months and they love it. I add a bit of homemade bone broth to each bowl as well in their evening meal. I also use a dog food called Open Farm and it is excellent as well. There is another food called Valiant (valiantpet.com) and it is formulated for dogs with cancer & other issues like seizures. They run a state of the art rescue for dogs with cancer they rescue dogs with cancer from shelters and feed them this food and take care of their medicines – instead of letting those dogs be euthanized. I am just now looking at this – it is awesome. Amazing all the research that is out there about better dog foods than what I have found in a long time. Good luck to all who are looking!

#124875 Report Abuse

Louise D

Wow! Not a good food and crazy expensive. The first ingredient is not chicken since all ingredients are weighed prior to cooking. It is more like the 5th, 6th or 7th after it loses it’s moisture weight. The next ingredients are peas, peas and animal bedding (Oat hulls). Save your money and buy a great food like Nature’s Select or Acana.

#124887 Report Abuse

crazy4cats

You can’t tell how much of what is in the food by the ingredient label. Manufacturers are allowed to weigh ingredients at different stages of processing making it impossible to tell. They know that consumers are now checking out ingredient labels and know exactly what we want to see and can manipulate them to our liking.

Many of the dogs that have been recently diagnosed with Dilated Cardiomyopathy coincidentally have been eating Acana. Cardiologists are researching right now if there is a connection. I’d steer clear.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.