🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

• This topic has 5 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 9 months ago by Kendra L.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kendra L
    Participant

Hi I’m looking to see if anyone has suggestions on affordable kibble for my shepherd mix. She’s 2 years old and 47 lbs. Currently eats nutrisource pure vita duck and oatmeal which has been amazing for her but unfortunately it’s too expensive and money is tight, 80 for 25lb. She also gets koha wet food, salmon oil, goats milk or bone broth, and a raw egg.

She is a picky eater and has a sensitive stomach. Looking for something under 60 and grain inclusive for the largest bag.

So far I’m looking at Purina one natural blend or plus digestive, natures recipe, taste of the wild ancient mountain (did okay on this one but not fantastic) or ancient stream, and nutrisource trout and rice.

Any suggestions or experiences is appreciated.

#185992 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

My senior dogs do great on Purina One. I vote for it! I know what you mean about food getting so expensive. I think it goes up every time I buy a new bag.

Anyway, much to the surprise of many people, Purina is a great company! They have been around for a long time and know their stuff. They employ a team of experts, own their own manufacturing facility, and most importantly, (in my opinion) do feed trials.

Good luck!

#186444 Report Abuse
    Ana W
    Participant

Hi! There are several options for affordable kibble that you may want to consider for your shepherd mix:

Diamond Naturals: This brand offers several grain-inclusive options, such as chicken and rice, lamb and rice, and beef and rice. A 40-pound bag typically costs around $35.

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula: This brand offers several grain-inclusive options, such as chicken and brown rice, lamb and brown rice, and fish and brown rice. A 30-pound bag typically costs around $50.

Victor Classic: This brand offers several grain-inclusive options, such as chicken and rice, beef and rice, and lamb and rice. A 40-pound bag typically costs around $35.

Hill’s Science Diet: This brand offers several grain-inclusive options, such as chicken and barley, lamb and rice, and beef and brown rice. A 30-pound bag typically costs around $50.

It’s always important to transition your dog to a new food slowly, to avoid upsetting their stomach. Start by mixing a small amount of the new food in with their current food and gradually increasing the amount over several days. Also, be sure to choose a formula that meets your dog’s specific nutritional needs based on their age, activity level, and any health issues they may have.

#187280 Report Abuse
    Jonye D
    Participant

Pet Gifts For You is an online store
    Pet Gifts For You is an online store offering a wide range of pet products and accessories. The website has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for customers to navigate and view the available products. Products are classified according to the type of pets such as dogs or cats and include items such as toys, beds, collars, grooming tools and food bowls. The website also offers free shipping on orders over a certain amount and has a customer rewards program. All in all, Pet Gifts For You is a great online app for pet owners looking for high quality and unique items for their furry friends.

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Jonye D.
    #187281 Report Abuse
    Jonye D
    Participant

cool

• This reply was modified 12 months ago by Jonye D.
    #187355 Report Abuse
    Jon S
    Participant

Hi there! It’s great that you’re looking for affordable kibble options for your pup. Here are a few suggestions for grain-inclusive kibbles that might fit your budget:

Blue Buffalo Life Protection Formula: This kibble is made with high-quality protein sources and includes wholesome whole grains. It’s available in a variety of flavors and sizes, so you can choose the one that works best for your pup.

Hill’s Science Diet Adult: This kibble is made with natural ingredients and includes a blend of antioxidants for immune support. It’s available in a variety of flavors and sizes and is designed to support digestive health.

Diamond Naturals Adult: This kibble is made with high-quality protein sources and includes whole grains for energy. It’s available in a variety of flavors and sizes and is designed to support digestive and immune health.

Nutro Wholesome Essentials Adult: This kibble is made with natural ingredients and includes whole grains for sustained energy. It’s available in a variety of flavors and sizes and is designed to support digestive and immune health.

Remember to transition your pup slowly to any new food to avoid digestive upset. Good luck and I hope this helps! https://petpalace.uk

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.