How to Create Your Own Custom Avatar

Dog Food Advisor Forums Feedback and Suggestions How to Create Your Own Custom Avatar

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Author

To establish a unique profile image that will appear next to your name anytime you post a comment on The Dog Food Advisor forums, you’ll need to create your own custom “gravatar” – also known as a globally recognized avatar.

A gravatar will allow you to use the same profile image on any website that’s been gravatar enabled.

To create your own free gravatar, simply visit the gravatar website. Be sure to watch the short video there. It will explain what a gravatar is and how you can create your own.

#19320 Report Abuse
    Pakalolo

Done. Thanks a lot for the tip!

#20243 Report Abuse
    mah4angel
    Participant

I created mine and my profile picture shows up when I go to my profile but not on the forums or in the left-hand corner of my screen by my user name, does it show up for you guys or no?

#20245 Report Abuse
    mah4angel
    Participant

YAY! I see it now, guess it just a little while to work, sorry!

#25673 Report Abuse
    justme2
    Participant

thank you

#25891 Report Abuse
    KiraLynB
    Participant

Testing to see if mine works. Please delete if you like. 🙂

#25897 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Very cute!

#27158 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Does it take some time for the picture to kick in? I just set mine up at Gravatar, but I don’t see it…

#27159 Report Abuse
    Naturella

OH! Here it is! Nevermind, thank you! 🙂

#27160 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Cute picture!

#31216 Report Abuse

Hi – Dying to post a couple of questions in the Forum, but first things first…my avatar does not show up. Checked it a couple of times. Anything I forgot, maybe? Thanks for any help

#33055 Report Abuse
    Dori

Having the hardest time getting photo onto gravatar.com. I’ve followed all the steps. Takes all my info but photo never shows up. Any ideas would be gratefully appreciated. As always, thanks to all in dogfoodadvisor.com land.

#33056 Report Abuse
    Dori

Oops! As Gilda Radner used to say…..NEVER MIND.
    So happy to see my babies and that their obviously not too bright mama finally figured it out. Been trying to ages.

#33058 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

HaHaHa Everyone has the same reaction at first. I don’t know why it takes so long for your avatar to show up, but it’s the same with everyone. It’s definitely not you.

#33062 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Adorable, dchassett!

#33063 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

Now y’all get to see Sir Inigo Montoya (aka Iggy), the bestest Holstein steer in the world! 😀

#35901 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Test Comment

#35936 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I think you passed the test.

#54038 Report Abuse
    Lisa G

I also need to test! Thanks!

#54055 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Hey Lisa! Looks great!

#55801 Report Abuse
    Elsa R

Thanks!

#58338 Report Abuse
    BeachDogs

Testing

#58366 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Congratulations! There they are! Very cute.

#58509 Report Abuse
    BeachDogs

Thanks! Are those your kitties? They are oh so cute.

#69705 Report Abuse
    Stacy H

So you have to sign up on another site, and your avatar will show up on this site?

#69706 Report Abuse
    Stacy H

Oh it worked, thanks.

#87609 Report Abuse
    James F

Well appreciated

#104999 Report Abuse
    poodaddy

For those who get confused with internet gadgetry way finding details omitted, like old folks such as me !, the “Create a Custom Avatar – Gravatar …” is the same as ” How to get your photo beside your post” – Put your favorite photo on your PC desktop, create a WordPress.com account, import photo(s) into your new WordPress account, select which one is to be desired to be tagged to your email address (ensure this email address is the one used for the website forum), and the photo MAGICALLY appears beside your posts. Amazing stuff lol.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 5 months ago by poodaddy.
Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.