🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 251 total)
  • Author
    patvl246
    Participant

I’ve been using a Raw Green Tripe and Chicken product from a company that recently went completely dehydrated. I think dehydrated products lose some of their nutrients in the process and are really no longer raw. My question is, does anyone have experience with the “Beef and Tripe” product from “Hare Today Gone Tomorrow” I can’t find reviews anywhere. Thanks

#16891 Report Abuse
    DieselJunki

I haven’t ordered the beef tripe mixture from them but I have ordered things like sardines and turkey necks from them. They are a great company and if you shoot her an email she will be more than happy to answer any of your questions you have about it.

#16892 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Thanks DJ

#16927 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I have lots of Hare Today in my freezer: beef, duck, chicken and turkey ( all with met, bone & organs and tripe in the beef). I have boneless chicken, turkey, beef, herring and tripe as well.

#16928 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I have lots of Hare Today in my freezer: beef, duck, chicken and turkey ( all with met, bone & organs and tripe in the beef). I have boneless chicken, turkey, beef, herring and tripe as well.

#16939 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’ve used the beef/tripe mix and my dogs love it. I also do the goat and mutton that also have tripe in them.

#16941 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Thanks so much Patty

#16942 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Thank you for your help in my decision. Sounds like a great product

#17180 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

I love Hare Today’s products. I have one (of three) freezers jam packed with their grinds. High quality, always arrives super fresh and frozen solid and cheap shipping (at least to New York where I live). I’d high recommend Hare Today.

#17208 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Thank you so much for your feedback. Looks like a thumbs up for Hare Today, Thanks again

#21899 Report Abuse

I just placed my 1st order with Hare Today. What a great selection they have. My plan is to feed a raw/kibble diet so I ordered the beef/tripe/organ/bone mix, some frozen turkey necks, and the ground sardines. I don’t have a separate freezer but I do have 2 refrigerator/freezers (don’t ask lol) so I can’t go nuts. Hopefully this is a good start 🙂

#21906 Report Abuse
    patvl246
    Participant

Your pooch will love their products

#21912 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Darwin’s stacks really nicely in tight places!

#21941 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

We just tried the ground Venison from Hare Today and one of my dogs that would never touch the Ground Rabbit , loves the Venison, she ate it so fast and then looked up at me wanting more. I have the beef and tripe mixture but have not tried it yet. Tracy is awesome to deal with and I love her ground mixes.

#21993 Report Abuse

Starting out w/ beef – Harry tested reactive to chicken, turkey, & venison. I’ll be introducing these in raw form in the future to see how he handles it. Love the variety & all the options

#21995 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

My Bailey loves the beef…..and the Rabbit…..and the Tripe….and everything I’ve given her. I love Hare Today’s products!

#21996 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I haven’t found anything from Hare Today that mine don’t love.

#22295 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

Has anyone tried the Llama? I will be placing another order Sunday for ship out on Monday and I was going to get more Venison until I can get some from my husbands employee but I also wanted to try something a bit different such as the Llama because Tracy said it is also lower fat. We tried the Beef, bone organ and tripe mixture and it did smell a little funky to me but maybe it is suppose to. It was not as huge a hit as the Venison but they ate it.

#22317 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

If it has tripe in it, it better smell funky or there is definitely something wrong.

#22320 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Yeah it’s 7% tripe so it should have the faint odor of sweaty gym sneakers.

#22324 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

HDM That is exactly what it melt like…ewww. No one has tried Llama? It is suppose to be really good for canines and really tasty?

#22331 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’m saving some protein sources in case my dog with intolerances becomes intolerant of even more stuff.

#22334 Report Abuse

Update report: Harry is scarfing the beef mix/kibble with no ummm ugly output shall we say. He’s quite the happy hound. I know I can’t feed beef exclusively but here’s my problem – he tested quite reactive to turkey & chicken, & venison. A bit lower but still reactive to salmon & white fish. He does tolerate things like raw chicken feet & sardines so perhaps he does better with raw forms of things. I haven’t given him the turkey necks I ordered yet to see if they’ll set him off.
    I’ll feed the beef for now to get us used to this but what to order next time? I will definitely pick up more of the beef grind and also the pork. I’m thinking I’ll take a chance and order the chicken grind as well to see how he handles it, but maybe I should pick up some ground chicken at supermarket and use that as a test first?

#22335 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Give him a chunk of your chicken before you cook it. That way you won’t have to buy something extra. I use Hare Todays rabbit and whole carcass quail(it’s a grind, but it has ground feathers and everything). Mine also love the goat and the mutton. They have sardines and herring too. BTW, sardine is different that whitefish just like chicken is different than duck. Oh, duck is good too, so is goose.

#22337 Report Abuse

Oh the sardines are a huge hit with him – he’s starts prancing around when he smells em coming lol. When I looked up white fish sardines was the first thing that popped up so I assumed same “family”. He’s always rejected anything “fishy” until I found canned sardines. He does not like salmon & it doesn’t like him either. I will order the mutton in the future as he’s clear on lamb, rabbit will be a test run. Duck is also on the to do list 🙂 As an added bonus the new kibble is working out VERY well so the planets must have come into alignment.

#22338 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Glad to hear you are finding things that work for him. There is a generic term white fish and there is a specific type whitefish. Whitefish is a white fish, but white fish are not necessarily whitefish. See? I never heard that sardines were a whitefish, they are considered oily fish and they are related to herring. There are white sardines, but they aren’t whitefish.

#22341 Report Abuse

Haha – try to read ^^that^^ 10x’s quickly!!! But I get it. I just assumed like the chicken feet – raw is fine with him. After a little over a year of dog food Hell with him if he likes it & it likes him I’m in heaven!

#22342 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I know what you mean!!

#22353 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish……what? Lol! I won’t even begin to try to understand what Patty said! Lol!

FreeholdHound, I am so happy to hear that Harry is doing well on the raw. Good for you! & good for him! 🙂 The possibilities are endless!

#22367 Report Abuse
    SandyandMila
    Participant

I also just made my first order today! (But probably won’t be getting it for awhile :() I had to get the longer turkey necks and hearts, and also green tripe. I’ve read online on the raw feeders group the tripe doesn’t really have any enzymatic benefits once it leaves the cow it comes from. Is that true, what are the benefits of tripe? I’ll be mixing it into the beef meals.

#22369 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Raw green tripe does indeed contain gastric juices with enzymes. It also contains lactic acid bacteria (good bacteria), an ideal calcium to phosphorus ratio, a balanced ratio of linoleic and linolenic fatty acids and I’ve even heard that the pH of tripe is beneficial to dental health. Some of the enzymes and healthy bacteria will likely be destroyed during freezing but there should still be more than enough to provide benefits.

#22370 Report Abuse
    SandyandMila
    Participant

I much rather come to this site especially since I’m new to raw feeding, you are all much more helpful. The week or 2 since reading from the raw feeding group so far I’ve read not to feed turkey necks, not to hold them when feeding them for the first time, not to feed chicken backs, and green tripe isn’t beneficial.

#22371 Report Abuse

This Forum is wonderful and sooo helpful 🙂

#22373 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Whaaat? That’s some ridiculous stuff you’re reading on that forum. 🙂

I have to say, the reason I love DFA so much is because there really is a great group of regular posters who are VERY knowledgeable not only about nutrition but about all aspects of animal health and wellness. This is the only online site I participate on. I have dropped into many other forums and review sites just to read and most have some very very inaccurate and ridiculous information – especially when it comes to raw feeding. Some forums just leave me shaking my head at the information being thrown around. I have been posting regularly on DFA for a little over a year now and I have learned so much – it’s my daily enrichment!

#22374 Report Abuse
    NectarMom

This is the only site I use also and while I don’t know as much as the others on here about Raw feeding I am certainly listening and learning. I for sure know Raw feeding is the best solution for our canines and felines and I have seen for myself the results but with my crew that has been on a kibble diet at least 3yrs of their lives we have to take it slow with the fat content in some proteins. I am grateful for finding this forum and appreciate the patience you all have had with me and my girls and the issues we have had. We seem to be on the right track with Raw this time around and will continue to improve with lots of time.

• This reply was modified 10 years, 8 months ago by NectarMom.
    #22380 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

HDM: I think you have it back words: we learn so much from you!

#22382 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

You are totally right Marie!! I am SO very thankful I found this site. I had ended up on a couple other ones before here, and some of the info I was reading on them, contradicted things I had read in many other places. I also tried to ask a question on a forum and, more or less, got “yelled” at for asking an off topic question. A few days later I ended up here and the rest, as they say, is history, lol! As you can see I never left!

I have an “on topic” statement. I ordered Bailey a whole prey quail today. I’ll be honest, I’m a little nervous about it. Not for Bailey, but for me, lol! Hopefully I don’t pull it out of the box and think ‘Awwww, the poor bird. I can’t feed this to my dog!’. Lol! I will just have to keep in my head that Bailey will love it, and it’s good for her and it’s something new and different and it’s her dinner! Lol! Wish me luck! 🙂

#22384 Report Abuse

Cyndi – I’m feeling equally intimidated by the turkey necks. They’re friggin HUGE! I know Greyhounds love these things but geeez I know at some point (when I get up the courage to give it) I’m going to want to shove my hand down his throat & pull it out LOL.

#22385 Report Abuse

And I put in another order this evening… I’ve got room in my freezer so I figured order some different mix grinds and have them available to ease into his rotation.

#22389 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Good luck with the whole prey quail – my dogs LOVE them. Did you get the dressed quail or the one with the feathers and all?

#22399 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

FreeholdHound ~ I was there with the turkey necks too. I’m sure Harry will be fine and love it as much as the grinds you’re feeding him. & I highly doubt he’ll try to swallow it whole. He’ll know what to do.

& HDM, I couldn’t do the quail with the feathers and all, so I got the dressed one. I figured the less it looks like a real animal, the better (for me). Maybe once I get used to it I can do the feathered one for her, but right now, we’ll see how it goes with the one I got. I am excited about it though. I’ll be sure to take pictures, lol!

#22663 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Well, Bailey just ate her whole quail. My stomach doesn’t feel so good, lol! I watched her for a few seconds and then I just couldn’t handle it anymore. I don’t know how you guys, Patty and HDM, can watch your dogs eat a whole animal, but I can’t. Ugh! I will feed her those regularly, but, I just can’t stomach that. If it’s just raw meat, without a face or a body, I’m fine. I’m ok with the blood and liver and everything else, but holy cow, it really turned my stomach to watch her for the few seconds that I did! 🙁 BUT, Yay for Bailey!! Lol!

#22676 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I couldn’t watch them eating the head of the goat I raised, so I understand. I actually usually get whole carcass grinds from Hare Today. My family doesn’t freak out about the little tubes in the freezer, but they would about the whole rabbits or whole birds.

I gave them a chunk of goat in the backyard and walked away.

#22692 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

One of my friend’s pugs (was really sickly last year when she was adopted) actually killed one of her chickens the other day. Saved part of it in the shed to eat later!

#22841 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Patty, I thought you were able to “stomach” that kind of stuff? I really thought I’d be ok watching Bailey eat it, because I always watch her eat. Nope, couldn’t do it. I have been getting the whole carcass rabbit grinds, so far, but thought I’d try the whole quail. I’m sure I’ll buy them again, just won’t watch her eat it.

Sandy…..that’s really gross, lol! I hope your friend didn’t see her dog do it. 🙁 That’s a little surprising to me that a Pug would do that.

#22848 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’ve got a thing about eyeball… I can eat spaghetti and watch intestinal surgery just fine, but eyeball stuff gives me the heebie geebies. Dogs eating eyeball is right out, they pop like cherry tomatoes. For that matter, rabbit skull is kind of the same way.

#22851 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Ok, now THAT is something I could have gone the rest of my life without knowing! LOL! That is just gross! I’ll never look at a cherry tomato the same way again!

#23230 Report Abuse

I wish I could figure out how to post a picture… But Harry is happily gnawing away on his 1st turkey neck. I gave it to him outside on the patio- he grabbed it but started pacing. I let him back inside & he went straight to his bed with it. Luckily I remembered a towel. Looks like this may take a while but he appears to be one happy Greyhound. I will be one happy Greyound owner if I don’t pay for this w/ supreme ugliness later as turkey in kibble has been a huge no no. But so far raw has been the answer 🙂

#23231 Report Abuse

**Update** Harry polished that off nicely, went out (so far so good), drank 1/2 a bowl of water (?) and promptly went into his crate & went to sleep. What a life

#23237 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Freehold hound, I was scrolling through pet food websites and pretty sure I saw you had written a rating!

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 251 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.