šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Butch, who had the strange thing come on him like the hemolytic anemia but was according to vet possibly autoimmune disease, is doing so well now. At first all he wanted was his the Billinghurst’s diet BARF, he had eaten for 2 years. Now he acts like he doesn’t like it. I have tried Nature’s Variety raw, the chicken, and he loved. I also wanted to know what you all thought of the raw’s available to me at pet store, Nature’s Variety, Bravo, Primal and Stella and Chewy’s. I also feed a back up dry, Optimal Performance or Epigen from Wysong to help with the cost of raw. Thank you for any advice. Beth

#12282 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Beth –

I’m glad to hear Butch is doing better. Of the brands of pre-made raw available to you I would recommend Primal (red meat varieties only) or Bravo. Nature’s Variety Instinct, the poultry varieties
    of Primal and Stella and Chewy’s are all HPP (which I’m not convinced is a good thing..). None of them are bad, but the red meat Primal and Bravo would just be my first choices. Have you tried mixing green tripe into his old food? Green tripe usually entices dogs to eat.

#12283 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I have not tried the green tripe in the raw, that is a good idea, thank you. What are the HPP, I probably knew once but can’t remember. Beth

#12284 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant
    #12313 Report Abuse
    Anonymous
    Inactive

I bought the long chub of Bravo Balance that are complete. It doesn’t explain clearly how to cut that up, I have in fridge right now and in about 2 hours I am going to try to cut into the patties with the electric knife and put in baggies and back into freezer. Is that what you do? THanks! Beth

#12315 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Hi Beth –

Cutting it up while it’s still frozen or partially frozen is fine. If the chub is small enough that he’ll eat it within 3 days though, you can just thaw the entire thing and keep it in the fridge.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.