šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Krista B

Is it possible to store dry kibble in the fridge or freezer? Which would be better? I buy the smallest bags of Fromm but it’s still takes my dog about a month to go through one bag. Can I just stick the whole bag in the freezer/fridge? Do I need to defrost before feeding or can I just feed it out of the freezer/fridge? I’ve read kibble starts oxidizing within two weeks after opening the bag.

#96913 Report Abuse
    anonymous

I may be mistaken, but I think you asked this question before.

Per the search engine, my response to one of your previous posts:
    “Be careful with having multiple bags of kibble open at the same time. They go bad. I only open one bag at a time and store in tightly closed containers in the fridg. In a pantry I wouldnā€™t trust anything after 2 weeks. In the fridg, maybe a month to 6 weeks. Thatā€™s it”

The freezer is controversial, some say it is okay, some say it is not. Some oils can go bad, rancid if frozen. So, it may be best to call the 1-800 number on the specific kibble in question and see what they advise. I tend to avoid putting kibble in the freezer.

#96941 Report Abuse
    Krista B

I contacted them and they said they wouldn’t advise storing it in the fridge or freezer because moisture can build up and cause further oxidation. I guess this makes sense. Too bad they don’t offer smaller bags, oh well.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.