🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Zach M

Hi,
    Im looking for a gmo free, grain free dog food preferably sourced in the usa, with lower faf and medium protein. I know it is hard to find the dream food but that is what i am looking for. Thanks in advance.

#47930 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Zach-
    Are you an editor’s choice member? If yes, there is a list of GMO free foods on that. I’m pretty sure that the Wellness lines are on it.

#47937 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Hi Crazy4cats-
    I am not a member, but wellness only has one gf line, core, and the protein is a little high, and slightly pricey. I really wish i could use merrick, but the situation going on is to much. Thanks though

#47947 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Hi Zach, does your dog have a medical condition? Just wondering why you’re looking for a low fat medium protein food. Because by having lower fat and protein the food is going to have way too many carbs. 🙂

#47949 Report Abuse
    Zach M

No, but she doesnt handle fat well. The hghest protein she has eger had is 29 %. I guess i am afraid to go to high 30’s with the protein.

#47953 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

How do you know she doesn’t handle fat well? What happens?

#47954 Report Abuse
    Zach M

She puts on weight FAST. She seems to also act a little wacky

#47955 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

LOL 😀 What do you mean by wacky?

#47956 Report Abuse
    Zach M

She acts sickly

#47957 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Hmm that’s weird. Does she throw up? What’s the protein and fat % in the food?

#47958 Report Abuse
    Zach M

It changes but it had 19% fat, and 29% protein

#47959 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Okay. Here’s a food with 15% fat. It’s grain free, GMO free, and right around $40 for 30lbs, if you can get it local. It’s Victor Yukon River. Here’s the PDF http://www.midamericapetfood.com/victordogfood/pdf/Brochure-GF-Yukon%20River%20Canine.pdf And here’s victor’s site in case you want to look at some of their other grain frees. victordogfood.com 😀

#47968 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi Zach, Wellness Simple, is GMO free, No Gluten, corn, soy, dairy, eggs, wheat & No meat by-products or artificial preservatives,colours or flavours. My boy was vomiting after eating & early hours of the morning, since being on the Wellness Simple Duck & Oatmeal, touch wood, he hasnt been sick in 3-4weeks & he has stoppped eating grass, the kibble breaks up easy & softens within 40sec of adding water, so its easily digested & his poos are perfect…the Wellness Simple has 3 grainfree kibbles there’s Salmon & Potato, Turkey & Potato & Salmon & Peas formula all grainfree….here’s a link to look at the Fat% Protein% & ingredients its worth the extra money… http://www.wellnesspetfood.com/categories.aspx?pet=dog&cat=3

#47981 Report Abuse
    Zach M

That might be the one for me! Thanks. The protein is a little low, but i could add sardines for toppers. I will try it. Thanks Sue!

#47993 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

You could also add some eggs to boost the protein!

#47994 Report Abuse
    Zach M

Do i add whole eggs, raw or cooked?

#48000 Report Abuse

Whole eggs-either raw, boiled or lightly boiled. Some of my crew vomits raw eggs, so I boil them.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.