šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Morada
    Participant

Need a suggestion for canned food for for my 6 year old Shi-Poo who has second bought of stinky itchy ears and it on steroids and drops. Reading the food I need should not have any sugars in it or potatoes.

#11232 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Hi Morada, here is a list of 5 star canned foods. Check thru the ingredient lists, I know that Merrick’s received a low glycemic award. /dog-food-reviews/wet/5-star/

#11233 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Hi Morada, Merrick’s received a low glycemic award. Which makes it great for pets that are diabetic, or need low sugar/carbs. You should take a look at Dr. Mike’s list of 5 star canned foods, for more options. I posted the link for you earlier, but the post disappeared. Sorry for the inconvenience.

#11249 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Weruva Human Style Marbella Paella is pot/pot starch free and also the Weruva Kobe and Weruva Kurobuta cans are potato free. Merrick Grain Free 96% cans (I didn’t look at all the recipes as their website is not very convenient). Tripett cans (for intermittent feeding only). Addiction: Hunter’s Venison Stew, Herbed Duck Confit, and Blackforest Rabbit and Blueberries. Nature’s Variety Instinct is a potato free product as well and so is Dogswell Nutrisca cans.

#11260 Report Abuse
    Jackie B

What have you been feeding?

#11282 Report Abuse
    dianecy
    Participant

Prevention Plan
    1. Change the Diet — You Must Feed an Anti-Yeast Diet

An anti-yeast diet is one that includes meats, most vegetables and some diary. An anti-yeast diet will starve the yeast and aid in the healing process. However, diet alone will not control the problem, it is only the first step. Keep in mind a restricted diet does not have to last forever. Once your pet’s health improves, you will be able to expand on what you feed.

Foods that are allowed:
    Vegetables:
    asparagus, broccoli, cauliflower, eggplant, parsley, squash, brussel sprouts, celery, green beans, yellow beans, cucumbers, collard, kale, lettuce, spinach.

Meats:
    Beef, duck, chicken, fish, rabbit, turkey, Cornish hen, lamb.

Dairy:
    Plain yogurt Stoneyfield Farm yogurt is recommended. Visit their website http://www.stonyfield.comand type in your city and state to see where you can purchase it. This yogurt contains:

Cultured pasteurized nonfat milk, naturally milled sugar, natural vanilla flavor, pectin, turmeric, made with multiple organisms: S. Thermophilus, L. Bulgaricus, L. Acidophilus, bifidus, L. Casei and L. Reuteri live active cultures.

Purchase the French Vanilla. If you are not able to get Stoneyfield, Dannon Plain yogurt is another option.

Beverages:
    Water

great website http://www.petstyle.com/dogs/yeast-infections-dogs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.