šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    wallyworld

Hi,
    I’m worrying myself to death and don’t know where to turn. I have a 70lb. Goldendoodle that will be 1 yr this month. I have been very careful about the food I feed, watching calcium, calories etc. I am aware of HDM’s LBP food list. Since he was a few months old he has clicking sounds from either his hips or knees and his feet make a popping sound sometimes when walking on carpet. Taken him to 2 diff vets and both say he seems fine, don’t worry unless he shows serious problems and X-rays can’t be ‘verified’ until 2 years of age. I worry about everything with him and notice the slightest changes whether they are anything or not. I will be starting a joint supplement and fish/coconut oil. I don’t have the money to get comprehensive testing done or to keep taking him to vets that tell me the same thing. He seems to walk fine but today I thought I noticed he was laying on one side more than the other and I thought I noticed him walking with a straighter left rear leg. I may be worrying over nothing but I’m not sure. I lost my little dog last year suddenly to syringomyelia and was traumatized by the whole event. I just need some reassurance or advice!

#31334 Report Abuse
    A.Sandy

Hello, don’t stress out so much as long as your dog isn’t showing pain or sensitivity in those areas, and the vet says all is fine, then everything might be truly ok. I have A Dane and his legs pop every now and then but he is fine I just give him his joint rescue jerky ,add coconut oil in his food, and add NZYMES. But if you need to get x rays go ahead its always better to be sure. My dog got a little stiff during cold weather last year and I got really scared but I gave him NZYMES and he was up and about within days. NZYMES rebuild tissue , help prevent cancer, and help with over all health in so many ways. And remember portion control food because feeding too much may cause growth issues. good luck!

– Ana
    @pupfacts
    pupcatnutrition.com

#31335 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I would start a joint supplement, just like you are planning to do anyways. Get a few different ones, some work better than others and it really is a matter of what works for your dog. If the clicking stops, you’ve found the right one.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.