which food

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Which is the better food BB longevity or wellnessw core small breed? I really don’t want to use either one but I hate to throw them away before I start my new merricks.

#22455 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Wellness CORE is a much better food – it’s rated 5 star and is made by WellPet (a great company). Blue Buffalo is a questionable company and the Longevity line is only rated 4 stars.

#22497 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I’m thinking about forgetting the kibble and doing all canned. Don’t know why I think he needs both. What other canned foods are good besides merrick which he’s on now?

#22501 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Any of the 5 star canned foods would be comparable. Some of my favorites were ZiwiPeak, Nature’s Logic, Nature’s Variety Instinct and Addiction.

#22927 Report Abuse
    ressa333
    Participant

I need help, im on a very limited income, I love my dogs and cant afford to feed them a expensive food can you tell me what is the best that don’t cost a lot. I use pedigree now, and have read that it is not good at all..

#22931 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Good foods to look at are Dr Tim’s, Fromm, Victor…. can you order online? If yes, would you like a list of some places to look?

#22935 Report Abuse
    little pea
    Participant

InkedMarie though this is not directly related I would like to thank you for providing an excellent list of grain free/potato free diets. I am still sorting through many things, but it was a great jumping off point.

I wondered if ressa33 could not get help from purina. I know a lot of us look down on this brand, but they have some sound and affordable items. They have been ‘dog’ food a very long time. Just a question.

#22936 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

You’re welcome, little pea. Regarding Purina, you’re correct, they’ve been round a long time. If she wants a food better than Pedigree with a good price, the ones I mentioned are good to look at. Dr Tim’s especially is a very good food, ordering from, I think, Chewy.com can get a large bag of food for a great price.

#22938 Report Abuse
    little pea
    Participant

Thank-you InkedMarie
    Chewy.com is excellent and pets supplies plus, if there is a store near for best prices, and providing a unique product, or working with a client to get it.
    I defend purina simply because they have been doing dog food and have supported animal care what seems ‘forever’ and when there was little competition. I do think they do try to put out a decent product…
    On another note I ordered Great Life, but now I’ve heard some not so great things. Any thoughts?

#22942 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

ProPac and Pure Balance and Victor are budget friendly as is Whole Earth Farms. It’s (Whole Earth Farms) $39 for a 30 or 35 lb bag. Nutrisource grain inclusive line is also budget friendly and they might have a buy 10 get one free offer. I’m not sure.

#22945 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

NutriSource is buy 12 get one free and Earthborn is buy 10 get one free ~ both same store, same size product.

#22948 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Sorry little pea, I disagree about Purina. While a couple of their products might be ok (ONE & another I can’t think of), just because they’ve been making dog food forever doesn’t mean much to me, especially when 99% of what they make is of poor quality.

#22950 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I’ve got to agree with Marie on that one. A dog food is first and foremost its ingredient list, and Purina’s ingredient list leave a lot to be desired. They get no credit for having a huge corner on the market because “everybody grew up feeding Purina, so it must be good.”

#22954 Report Abuse
    Hound Dog Mom
    Participant

Purina’s just in it for the profits – they obviously could care less about the well being of the animals consuming their products otherwise they’d use better ingredients.

#25013 Report Abuse
    rogerharris

Hiii… I recommend you the Wellness Core. This food is the prefect balance of protein, quality meat sources, fat content, as well as important sources of fruits and vegetables and fish oils.
    You get what you pay for when it comes to dog food. When purchasing this brand, one is paying for high quality food (meat content, veggies, fruits) without fillers or extreme levels of protein.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.