🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rosy R

I been feeding my Dachshund since she was a puppy BB. We started with the life protection formula and now feed her the Freedom Grain free. But I want to soon switch her to a healthier brand with better ingredients but still stay within my price range. She is currently 10.6lbs. I feed her 3/4 cup a day divided into 2 meals.

I been doing some research and know that Orijen is the best but it’s currently too expensive for me, so next best thing or so I have read is Acana. But which to choose? Any suggestions or recommendations? Any dachshund owners out there?

• This topic was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Rosy R.
    #69162 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Not a dachshund owner, but many of us here believe that no food is perfect, so we rotate brands of food. I feed Annamaet, Acana, Canine Caviar, Earthborn, Nature’s Logic, Nature’s Variety, Orijen, and others. When you rotate foods, you can feed bargain foods here and there without harming your dog’s health and you can take advantage of sales and coupons.

#69171 Report Abuse
    Rosy R

Ok will take that into consideration, thanks!

#69191 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

My favorite dry foods are Annamaet, Nature’s Logic, Dr Tim’s and Farmina.

#69193 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

Hi Rosy, I have a two year old 16lb Dachshund named Blue. I have two large dogs as well. All 3 do great on Victor dog food, I use the grain free formulas. Here’s Victor’s site- http://www.victordogfood.com/ They have a “Find a dealer” for stores in your area. Great food, great price. Victor is about half the cost of Blue. Great price for 5 star food! 😀

#69195 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi RosyR-
    I agree with Labs. Victor grain free is a great budget friendly 5 star food. I rotate Victor with whatever 4 or 5 star kibble I can find on a good sale or have a coupon for. So far it has been Rotations, Eagle Pack, Nutrisource and Merrick (both with and w/o grain). I also mix in either canned or fresh foods in all their meals. I agree, Orijen is very expensive, but if you take a more basic kibble and add in some fresh and less processed foods, I think you are better off anyway! Good luck and have fun with your pup!

#69199 Report Abuse
    Rosy R

Thank you so much. Will take a look at Victor’s website 🙂

#69200 Report Abuse
    LabsRawesome

You’re welcome, Rosy! 😀

#69367 Report Abuse
    Rosy R

Victor is not sold at my nearest store :/ so I was planning on purchasing Acana but no idea onto what to get started with… We are switching from Blue buffalo freedom.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Rosy R.
    • This reply was modified 9 years, 1 month ago by Rosy R.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.