🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • Author
    cocosoup
    Participant

which dog do you like best

#28289 Report Abuse
    Rahat

I like yorkie puppies

#28297 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Border Collies and German Shepherds(but it is getting really hard to find good GSDs anymore)

#28299 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I’m not sure if you mean which one of your own dogs you like the best or which dog breed. Anyway, of course Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are my favorite breed LOL. As for my own pack, I love them all but Laverne demands more of my attention because she is a diva!

#28306 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’m partial to Shelties, have had four of them.

#28307 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Dobermans are my favorite, someday I’ll have another one, and Pitbulls are a close second.

#28311 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

I’ve been Pugged!

#28316 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

lol yes you have Sandy!

#28322 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I think if I couldn’t have a Cavalier, though, I’d pick from pugs, papillons, Pomeranians or Japanese Chins or toy poodles. Can you tell I like small dogs? LOL!

#28328 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

There’s not a dog I don’t love but if I went small, it’d be Boston, Frenchie or Tibetan spaniel!

#28333 Report Abuse
    TuckNRoll

Aussies and Labs! They are both so energetic and loyal, and labs are kinda goofy too 🙂

#28342 Report Abuse

Greyhounds of course 🙂 Bloodhounds, Irish Wolfhounds, All American Mutts too

#28395 Report Abuse
    CattleCait

I love Jessie, my blue heeler but…there’s something about a border collie…

#28403 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I had Blue Heelers before my BCs and I loved them, but you are right, there is something about a Border Collie.

#28406 Report Abuse
    Akari_32
    Participant

BIG ones 🙂 On my list are Irish Wolfhounds, Great Danes, English Bull Terriers and the rest of the bully breeds, German Shepherds… some day I’d like a well bred Golden Retriever though. I love my retriever mix 🙂

#28408 Report Abuse
    BlackandBlue

Poodles for their non-shedding abilities! I’d also love a well bred blocky golden retriever. Dare I say a golden doodle?

#28432 Report Abuse
    Molzy

Well, I am a little partial to the Australian Cattledog myself (we have two of them at the moment, one of whom is also mixed with German Shorthair). They have been the most loyal dogs I have ever had (grew up with a basset/beagle mix, who was also an awesome dog). Ours are actually both pretty mellow for their breed(s), but active when we want to be – though that could be because they can wear each other out wrestling!

I would love a Border Collie, Rottweiler, or German Shepherd someday, though I am kind of sold on the 40lb size dogs right now. I also LOVE any bully-mix, and we would have considered adopting one if we knew for sure where we’d be living and owned our own home (landlords here won’t allow them, and we are early in our careers and may have to move to another city eventually).

Really though, any dog that needs a home.

#28434 Report Abuse

I am another fan of BIG dogs. Great Danes are my favorite! I love all 155 lbs of my rescued boy, Max. I also like Irish Wolfhounds, Borzois, and Shiloh Shepherds. The only little dog I would consider is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi.

#28436 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’m also a sucker for senior dogs. We’ve adopted four senior dogs.

#33698 Report Abuse
    aquariangt

Before this last year I would have said goldens. I’m pretty obsessed with my sheltie now though, so she may change my mind

#34939 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

I’m a fan of a different dog every day of the week it seems. I like herding breeds a lot, but when I finally got one, I ended up with this ultra anxious dog-aggressive critter. I love him, and know he’s not your average example for an Aussie/Kelpie, but I doubt I’ll get a herder again unless I get something that needs to be herded.

Mutts I will probably always have, I’ve never had a purebred (my lab is the closest. She’s half GSD, but there’s not a trace of it in her looks or personality – she just has a not-so-soft bite is all).

I’m ultimately a sucker for bully and giant breeds. I love anything with a square head, loyal heart, and silly disposition (I owned an APBT/Rott/Lab, and he had all those qualities. He only lived to be 2, but he was the most memorable dog I’ll ever have)

#34940 Report Abuse
    Naturella

Ever since I was little and saw the movie “Fluke”, I have been in love with Irish Setters. I adore their coat color (copper-ish, looks like a shiny Fall leaf, it is gorgeous). Also, as of recently, I like Australian Shepherds – really pretty dogs! I am noticing an affinity in me toward longer-haired, flowy, copper-ish/brown/golden coats. I have never owned a setter or an Aussie, yet, and maybe won’t ever (I would MUCH rather adopt a mutt in need than buy a pure-breed), so I can’t speak as to their personalities, but beauty-wise, those are my picks.

As for character, of course, I love my furry baby (not a baby anymore – he is a big guy at 13 lbs and around 1 year old now) Bruno. I would rarely choose a small breed over a medium or large breed, but he stole my husband’s, and then my heart too. We love his face, muscular body (yes, he is STRONG for a 13-lb pup. One of his nicknames is “muscle-pup”), soft fur, pied pattern, everything about him. Because of him, I notice more Rat terriers/Jack Russells and have a positive view of them. But unless another little one steals our hearts again, I would like a bigger dog for our next friend.

I have noticed, at least locally, when I take Bruno to the dog park, we enter a dilemma – he loves to play and rough-house with big dogs, so we put him in the big dog pen, and sometimes owners of larger dogs get nervous for the little guy and pull their dog away when they start roughing it with Bruno. So sometimes he can’t even play much because of his size. On the other hand, when at the small dog pen, a lot of small dog owners freak out at the slightest grunt (he is a vocal one… Never aggressive, just likes to snort, grunt, growl, and sneeze a ton during play) or hump from Bruno because they fear for their little yorkies or chihuahuas. So he doesn’t get to play much there either… I feel like often he just doesn’t like to play with small dogs period. So thank goodness he has some good small and big furry friends to schedule play dates with and rough-house galore! 🙂

#35015 Report Abuse
    banditsmom

Definitely it’s Shih Tzus. No question!

#35048 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Boxers, English Staffys, Pugs, Boston Terriers & the Pit Bull they have a bad rap in life, I feel for this breed..

#35072 Report Abuse

I’m a fan of the big dogs. Great Danes are my favorite. I also would like a Shiloh Shepherd and a Borzoi one day.

#35073 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Yorkies are my favorite breed and golden retrievers are my second favorite!

#35076 Report Abuse
    Shasta220

DaneMom, giant breeds are definitely my favorite overall (okay, right next to a good APBT or Staffie rescue). I’ve ALWAYS wanted a Borzoi as well! If only I could find a practical reason to get one, hahaha. Maybe one day there will be one as a rescue pup though, never know! 😀

#35089 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Dobermans will always be my favorite. I miss my Moose, he was the best dog ever! Pit bulls are right up there, but I can’t own one because of the stupid insurance companies. I have the next best thing, my little pittie/border collie mix. Bailey is the best! 🙂

#35090 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

and I just realized I answered this question before, on page one, but I have no recollection of it, lol! Damn it sucks getting old! :/

#38118 Report Abuse
    dogminder

Rat terriers because i have 2. I like their size and how smart they are. Mine are 5 months old and i have had them since they were 8 weeks old.

Their names are Oreo and Roxie, a brother and sister.

#38833 Report Abuse
    Julie

I’ve always had labs and goldens. Love them both. We lost our lab last summer and are finally bringing home a golden doodle May 2! We’re very excited.

#42174 Report Abuse
    Matrioshka

I love many breeds and mixes, but Bull Terriers are first on the list.

• This reply was modified 9 years, 11 months ago by Matrioshka.
    #42178 Report Abuse
    LexiDog

Rescue is my favorite breed 🙂 I like Labs and Treeing Walker Coonhounds but a rescued mutt is top of the list.

Viewing 33 posts - 1 through 33 (of 33 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.