Whats better?

Dog Food Advisor Forums Editors Choice Forum Whats better?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tina

Rice, potato or oatmeal, whats better and why?

#38869 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

None are better. High carbs are not good for any dog. Where the carbs come from does not matter, unless the individual dog has a problem with an individual ingredient, or there is a problem with the quality or soucing of that ingredient.

#38870 Report Abuse
    LexiDog

I don’t know but, I want to ask the same question about quinoa. Is it better than potato, chickpeas or lentils?

Grandma Lucy’s just came out with a new line called Valor which includes quinoa.

#38880 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

If your dog has issues with grains, quinoa is usually well tolerated, otherwise it is just another carb. Chickpeas and lentils are legumes and have higher levels of protein in them, however dogs do not use plant proteins as well as they do meat proteins. Chickpeas and lentils are known for causing gas and in some dogs, loose stools.

#38895 Report Abuse
    Tina

Most dog food company’s offer one of these carbs or some other type of carb not mentioned. I’m just asking which one would be better to feed your dog if you had to choose? If there is something better please feel free to list it!

#38938 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

If your dog is not having issues, none are better than others, carbs are carbs. What is better is to rotate through different foods so your dog is not always exposed to the exact same nutrients.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.