🐱 NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PJsmama
    Participant

I have a chihuahua, female, about 2 1/2 years old. She weighs only 2lbs, 12 oz. I have trouble finding a dry food with small enough kibble that she can eat easily. Puppy food is not an option, although the kibble is small, she has a tendency to gain weight too easily on puppy food (her mother and a sister from a previous litter also have this problem). Anyone have any suggestions? She is not the only dog in the family but is the smallest by far. Everyone else is eating Chicken Soup for the Dog Lover’s Soul. Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. By the way, “junk food” suggestions will not be considered. Thank you in advance

#14630 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

As far as I remember, Fromm’s Surf & Turf has tiny kibble, as well as some of their other formulas. Nature’s Variety Instinct also has tiny kibble pieces. I’m sure there are others but these 2 came immediately to mind. Oh and Wellness Core Small Breed plus Wellness’s regular Small Breed. Blue Buffalo also has a Small and Toy formula, I think. Hope this helps. 🙂

#14631 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I’ve used Horizon Amicus, ~ which is meant for small and toy breeds ~ it’s a five star food and is itty bitty. I’m not certain, but think it gave my dog some tear staining, but it really is an excellent product. She tolerated it very well and her coat looked nice.

#14727 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Wysong Epigen is tiny also and comes in 2 lb packages. The Brothers Fish kibble is the smaller than the Red Meat kibble which I think is small as well. Back to Basics, Nature’s Select GF and Nutrisource GF Lamb Meal are also very small.

#14952 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Solid Gold has their food in the pink bag…I cannot think of the name but they have little bites. You old so put them in a grinder or feed canned or dehydrated

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.