šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    theBCnut

What’s with the commenting software on the review side? It started acting funny yesterday, and today there has not been a single update in Recent Comments, and the format for posting is still nearly useless.

#45831 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

You beat me to it! I was going to ask the same thing.

Funny thing is that there actually are some new posts. Not a lot, but they’re there. Look in the comment history instead of recent comments. I also think that’s problematic. Why don’t the new posts show up in the recent comment section?

I’m definitely not a fan. I hope this is just a hiccup and things will return to “normal'”

#45833 Report Abuse
    arwyru24

I was just wondering this same thing. I also can’t seem to sign in to disqus and I am totally confused

#45840 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I knew about comment history and had seen the new posts, in fact the whole thing was frustrating me so much specifically because I wanted to respond to one of those, but it wouldn’t do any good.

#45846 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

I have a feeling that this was changed because of a minor feud the other day on the off topic section and Dr. Mike had issued a warning to the parties involved. It seemed right after that, that’s when the Off Topic comment section changed. I could be wrong, but it seems like he doesn’t want us bantering back and forth and getting into arguements.

Or…….it could be that Disqus has totally gone crazy!!

#45847 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Hi everyone!

Dr. Mike is working on the issue on the Review side. Disqus made an automatic update yesterday (don’t we just love automatic software updates to Disqus) and there seems to be a problem with it. Hopefully, it will get resolved soon.

#45849 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Thanks Sandy!!

#45850 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Ok, I was completely wrong then. The timing of it made me think my original thought was correct.

Thanks for the update Sandy!!

#45852 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Dr Mike doesn’t take such drastic actions for a little bickering. He has other ways to deal with that.

But they may have fixed it now. The comments that were posted while Disqus was acting up seem to have been automatically deleted, but new comments are posting now.

#45855 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

Thanks, BCnut, (I keep wanting to say your name, lol!) In the back of my mind I didn’t think that he would have done that and I’m so glad that wasn’t the case, because I was about to give up on the review side all together if it was gonna stay like that, lol! Man, that was frustrating as all heck!!

#45857 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

I don’t like not using my name either, but I guess that’s the world we live in.

#45865 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

I understand, I was just so used to saying your name, from when you did use it on here, that I have to correct what I’m writing and change it to BCnut. I don’t want to use your real name, because I know you don’t want to…. Know what I mean? Lol!

#45882 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Oh yes I do!!

#45886 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

Weird thing is, when the site for all fluky, your old user name popped up. Not sure how that was possible, but I know for sure that’s what I saw.

#45888 Report Abuse
    Cyndi

I thought I noticed that too Betsy.

#45908 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

Yep! You didn’t imagine it.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.