What exactly is “raw enhanced” kibble???

Dog Food Advisor Forums Raw Dog Food What exactly is “raw enhanced” kibble???

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Hi, there

I’m looking for some backup dog food, for those times when we forget to take our dog’s raw food out of the freezer and can’t run to the store to buy fresh. I keep seeing “raw enhanced kibble” or “raw meal toppers for kibble” and based on what i understand of how dogs process raw vs. kibble, i would think this stuff is pretty awful, right? Or are these processed differently such that a dog isn’t going to have lead sitting in their stomachs.

Thank you for the advice!

Jen

#148283 Report Abuse
    Patricia A
    Participant

Mabel’s mom I’m not sure if their are a others but Stella and Chewy’s has a baked raw coated kibble. “High-Protein Raw Coated Baked Kibble . Taken from their website below. They added grain inclusive also and limited ingredients. They also have the raw coated with nuggets of freeze dried in the bag.
    Our Raw Coated Baked Kibble provides a best-in-class solution for those pet parents looking for a simple, pristine, less processed, and highly palatable kibble. Each high-protein, grain-free offering starts with responsibly sourced animal proteins (cage-free poultry, grass-fed beef, and wild-caught fish). Next, we gently bake our kibble. Finally, each and every piece is coated with our own special raw goodness! The result is a special combination of pure raw nutrition and great taste that dogs are wild about!
    I feed this as a base with freeze dried Primal and Stella’s freeze dried as a topper. I slowly got them used to the different flavors and proteins. Very east to feed. just break apart and add warm water.
    Here is Primal freeze dried site: https://primalpetfoods.com/collections/canine-raw-freeze-dried-formulas
    Stella and Chewy’s https://www.stellaandchewys.com

#148294 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

There are several brands that make kibble that are coated with freeze dried raw and there are kibble products with actual pieces of freeze dried raw bites mixed in the product. It depends on your dog on how he handles different forms of food. Mine can eat raw frozen or freeze dried mixed with anything else.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.