šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Tina

So as an experiment I purchased a small bag of Wellness Simple Salmon and Potato and a matching can of wet food. Shadow, my finicky eater, loved the dry food but recently I added some wet food he completely turned his nose up. I offered the plain dry food again and he ate it up with some hesitation but not much (I think he thought the wet food was mixed in). On another occasion I purchased a can of Wellness Core Grain Free Turkey, Chicken Liver and Turkey Liver Formula. The very first time I gave him some of the wet food he loved it but the second time he turned his nose. Has anyone else tried Wellness wet food and if so do you have the same problem? Is the dry food better then the wet?

#43970 Report Abuse
    Lynn J

I’ve been using Wellness Core wet food to fill my dog’s Kongs. Both dogs love it. I haven’t used the Wellness dry yet, they are on Orijen/Acana/Fromm.

#43975 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

I am using Wellness Small Breed kibble (Senior, Simple Salmon and Whitefish). They all love it! I also use Wellness cans as toppers religiously, however, since all but the stews contain carrageenan I’ve cut back on those kinds. It doesn’t matter, though, what kind of Wellness (or any canned food, for that matter) that I give they all love it.

#43976 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Tina I am suprised you are using wellness, I thought you found bone in it?

#43978 Report Abuse
    Tina

I posted this before I found the bone in the food. Now that I found the bone in the food, I don’t know what to use.

#43981 Report Abuse
    cindy q
    Participant

Oh, I see. I saw the other post first. I saw the video you posted, thats scary!

#43987 Report Abuse
    Tina

I thought the same thing, my dog Ginger was on that food and ended up at the vet’s.

#44487 Report Abuse
    Vianca V

I recently changed all my dog from science diet to wellness, my 2 month old peke puppy eats wellness small breed puppy, my 5 year old rescue eats wellness small breed adult with wellness turkey stew as a topper, my 8 year old mini dashhound eats wellness small breed adult too, and my mother 11 year old chihuahua eats wellness turkey stew. I had been struggling with which food to pick and concidered the core fish but opted not to pick that one because of some youtube videos demostrating the bones in the kibble, however I still wanted wellness because it was a very good, its was available to me in comparison to orijen, acana, and other 5 star foods, and it fit into my budget to be honest. The foods that I give my fur babbies do contain salmon but I have not seen any bones in them, and belive me Ive looked, also in comparison to the bones white fish have, salmon bones are much smaller and less harmful so if they were to be present the would most likely not cause any harm.

#44850 Report Abuse
    Justine L

Hi I have an almost 11 month old Rottweiler and the first 6 months he was on puppy Pedigree dry/canned and his bowel movements were perfect. I switched to Eagle Pack Original dry and Wellness core grain free canned. Which he loves! Licks the bowl clean to a T! However, he has had very soft stool all the time and frequently has diarrhea. I have taken several stool samples to vet results were negative for any parasites. I have also tried fortiflora, a probiotic and added plain yogurt with live culturesā€¦and Metronidazole 500mg (anti-diarrhea abx) BID for 5 days here and there which sometimes helps. But I believe it is his food just not agreeing with him. I know itā€™s high quality and expensive food. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

#44853 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

Hi Justine-
    I have had similar issues with my dogs, however, they did have parasites. I’ve tried several supplements as well. Currently, I feed Victor grain free joint and health kibble. I use various toppers such as canned, raw, dehydrated and fresh mixed in. I almost always use a digestive enzyme and an occasional probiotic. They are doing much better now. I strongly suggest checking out dogaware.com website as they have so much information on digestive issues. If you are looking to change dry food, give Victor a try. Many on this site have done well with it. Also, plain pure pumpkin might be a great addition to your dog’s food. It is very healthy and adds fiber that is both helpful for constipation and loose stools. The supplements that I have used with success that I discovered from dogaware are: Gastriplex, Vetri Pro BD, Perfect Form and Phytomucil. I hope you find a winning combination because I know how frustrating your situation is. Cleaning up runny poop is not a good thing! Good luck.

#44856 Report Abuse
    Justine L

Thanks so much crazy4cats! I will try pumpkin first and check out that website!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.