šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    weezerweeks
    Participant

this is not on the reviews,can someone tell me about it. I have the choice between this and the wellness small breed super 5 mix at my tractor store. I need to start with a kibble tomorrow so I don’t have time to order. which is the better

#26519 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Well…imho, they are both fine. It depends on whether or not you want to feed grains or use grain free. I like the Core Small Breed (the grain free), personally, but I have one that can’t have poultry so I won’t use it.

#26532 Report Abuse
    abby13
    Participant

The Wellness Super5Mix just recently got rid of Rice Bran as an ingredient. I would say that you aren’t doing your dog a disservice by feeding either one. Like Mom2Cavs said, depends on how you feel about grains. I personally use the Wellness CORE Small Breed in my rotation for one of my dachshunds and have had great luck with it.

#26547 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I am totally confused about wellness small breed. They have a wellness core small breed which has no grains and is ranked a 5 but this is the one that had a recall,then they have a grain free small breed, must be fairly new it’s similar to the original grain for then they have the wellness small breed super 5 mix which is ranked a 4.5. what’s the difference in the grain free and the wellness core small breed which also doesn’t have grains.

#26549 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Maybe I’m missing it, I’m at the Wellness website. Where is the grainfree small breed? Can you link here please?

#26563 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

Weezerweeks, there is no other grain free small breed but Core in the Wellness foods. I don’t know what you mean either…..so could you point us to it? Thanks!

#26564 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The recall that Wellness was caught up in was when they had some of their formulas made at the Diamond plant. They moved away from Diamond and now all their dry food is made at their own facility, Wellpet.

#26573 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

on the reviews here it says that the wellness super 5 mix is a plant bases kibble (at the bottom of the review)ata the bottom of the review on the wellness core it says it is a grain free kibble. so is wellness core a grain free kibble? on wellness web site iit has a grain free small breed. it is not in the pink bag.I’m totally confused because if the wellness core(pink bag) is grain free why do they have another small breed grain free. unless it is a mistake at the end of the wellness core review that says it is a grain free kibble.too many small breed bags!

#26612 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Core IS grainfree. I see small breed Core, which is grainfree but I don’t see another small breed grainfree. I asked earlier, will ask again, please post a link so we know exactly what you’re talking about

#26616 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I don’t know how to post a link but it was on http://www.wellness dog food.com

#26617 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

weezerweeks, when I went to the “link” you posted it didn’t have anything to do with wellness dog food..? The thing you need to do is go to http://www.wellnesspetfood.com and look under dog food. Then go to the foods for small breeds. It will list all their small breed foods that they make. Maybe that will be clearer to you. There is only one small breed grain free and it is Core Small Breed. All the other small breed formulas contain grain. They do make regular Core, which are grain free and in their Simple Line there are some grain free formulas. I hope that helps.

#26618 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

yes I see the one grainfree bag so why does the dogfoodadvisor reviewon wellness core dry dog food say that it is grain free kibble.read the review it’s right before the comments.

#26629 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Wellness Core IS grainfree.

#26633 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

InkedMarie…..I give up. I’m not responding anymore to this person. It really is simple. Just go to their website and look at the small breed kibbles they make and see which one is grain free. I think we’re being played.

#26636 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

I’m not sure what’s going on….

#26655 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

I am certainly not playing you whatever that means. I am so stressed out because my yorkie has been soo sick. I am trying to find a food. It was just confusing to me with wellness core small breed, wellness super 5 small breed and then the core small breed. Sorry to have bothered u two.

#26656 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

weezerweeks,

Can you get Amicus? It’s grain free, toy-breed so it is tiny pieces and they have a lower fat recipe (Senior/Weight Management). http://www.horizonpetfood.com

And there are only three grain free choices at Wellness: 1) Core Small Breed and 2) Simple Limited Ingredient Diet GF Turkey or (3) Simple LID GF Salmon.

#26657 Report Abuse
    Mom2Cavs

weezerweeks, I’m sorry your baby is sick. And I understand that you are upset and trying to find something to help. But, we’ve told you there is only ONE grain free small breed formula that Wellness makes and it is CORE small breed. I’m sorry if I offended you, but I just got frustrated, as well. I hope you find something to help your pup soon. I’ll be praying.

#26662 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

Wellness Core small breed and Core small breed are the same thing.

#26667 Report Abuse
    weezerweeks
    Participant

Thank all of you. You have all been a blessing for me. It’s so wonderful to see people do so much for their fur babies. God bless you all!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.