šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jim p

Looking for suggestions on best brands to use to help our senior pomeranian lose some weight
    Thanks
    Jim

#47092 Report Abuse
    crazy4cats
    Participant

How about Wellness Core weight management, Anament Lean or Victor Healthy Weight Formula. Also the good old fashioned method of eating less and exercising more is still available. LOL! I hate that method for my self, but I try to use it on my dogs.

#47094 Report Abuse
    jim p

Thanks for the advice. We try to use the eat less method as well, but want to try using the best available food also.

#47096 Report Abuse
    InkedMarie

We used a Wellness Core reduced fat with great success. Others have used Annamaet Lean with luck.

#47097 Report Abuse
    jim p

Thank you. Think we’ll try the Wellness product

#47302 Report Abuse
    Jane E

I like to use a grain free dog food and feed lessā€¦the diets geared toward weight loss drop protein and fat and the dog acts hungry because they are not typically satiated. I like both Orijen Senior and GO! Sensitivity and Shine Grain Free and use a measuring cup every time

#47303 Report Abuse
    DogFoodie

I would try Go! Fit and Free Senior, Orijen Senior or Wellness Core Reduced Fat.

I plan to try the Go! next – it looks fantastic! I’ve used the Orijen and Wellness previously with success.

FWIW, I’ve used EVO Weight Management and didn’t care for it. My usually “unpicky” Cavalier did not like it either.

#47363 Report Abuse
    jim p

Thanks everyone for your suggestions. Ordered some Wellness Core products.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The forum ‘Editors Choice Forum’ is closed to new topics and replies.