Vomiting b/c of kibble? But not when eating raw . . .

Dog Food Advisor Forums Diet and Health Vomiting b/c of kibble? But not when eating raw . . .

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    stitchwitch
    Participant

I have a 5.5m old shiloh shepherd. I switched her from the breeder’s food, taste of the wild, to fromm’s large breed puppy – seemingly no problems – she was on it for approx. 2 months. About 3 weeks ago I started feeding her 1 meal a day of raw – which was my plan from the start (and I know not to mix the two in the same meal). Over the past 3 weeks, perhaps a coincidence, she is vomiting frequently – but only after eating the kibble.

The first time she did it, it was a few hours after eating – I thought perhaps she wasn’t feeling good or had had too much excitement. Since then, it has happened a few times a week – usually right after eating the kibble.

If she vomits up her kibble meal (like she did at lunch today) and I give her raw for the meal – no problems.

It is almost as if, once her body experienced the raw, it doesn’t “like” the kibble. Could that be possible? Could it be that the problem is this specific kibble (fromm’s) and I should try another?

I would prefer to keep her on a partial kibble diet, not only because of the cost, but because there will be times she must be boarded and I’m not sure the kennel would be willing to handle a raw diet.

Suggestions? Advice?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.