Very bad fecal odor and gas

Dog Food Advisor Forums Feedback and Suggestions Very bad fecal odor and gas

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Vicki K

Using top large breed food. Anyone have suggestions?

#80214 Report Abuse
    pugmomsandy
    Participant

Probiotics and digestive enzymes. Also, you might try feeding just a little less since it doesn’t sound like he’s processing the food very well. My 5 lb pup used to be able to clear a room but now he eats anything, even raw eggs, and no gas.

#80215 Report Abuse
    anonymously

Re: “Very bad fecal odor and gas”
    If you haven’t done so already. I would stop by the vet’s office and have anal gland impaction, infection, abscess ruled out first. Also, there are other conditions that could cause this other than diet.

#80220 Report Abuse
    Vicki K

Thanks, pugsmomsandy. Yes, I already give probiotics. Ours is a 4mo GR 26#s. She handles raw just fine. May try slippery elm which helped while weening.

#80223 Report Abuse
    C4D

Hi Vicki K,

It could be due to a number of things, from food intolerance, gastrointestinal imbalances, to parasites like Giardia or Coccidia. Could you provide a little more information?

#80233 Report Abuse
    Susan
    Participant

Hi my boy was doing this 2-3 weeks ago, I ended up worming him with Milbemax allwormer at night with food, changed his food to home cooked & put him on Metronidazole tablets for 2 weeks, Metronidazole is an antibiotic for the Stomach & Bowel it seems to fix things with Patch & he’s back to normal again….

#80265 Report Abuse
    Vicki K

Thanks, I will look into that.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.