šŸ± NEW!

Introducing the Cat Food Advisor!

Independent, unbiased reviews without influence from pet food companies

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Leslie R

I have read your reviews and the lack of positive review on the Royal Canin brand. I did not find the Satiety one reviewed but am guessing the ingredients are all comparable within the brand. My vet recommended this food after my dog got extremely ill (rushed to the hospital ill) on a grain free food I food highly rated on this site. He was hospitalized for 2 days. He had also gained a couple of pounds so she put him on Royal Canin Satiety two years ago and he is doing very well at 11 yrs old. He gets 1/2 cup in the morning and for dinner he gets Dr Harvey’s Freeze Dried food ( lots of veggies, oats, etc) with a teaspoon of oil, pumpkin and a cooked protein (switch between chicken, turkey, fish and eggs.) He hates raw meat and vegetables.
    I don’t want to worry about the Royal Canin but feel concerned when I read your reviews. Am going to show this site to my vet but wanted your thoughts. He has some arthritis and some benign lipomas but is otherwise in good health with a clean coat and energy. Good appetite. Does take synthroid twice a day but this has been for a long time. Comments?

#44692 Report Abuse
    theBCnut

The Dr Harvey’s has a lot of good things in it. That should help offset any negatives from the other food.

#44695 Report Abuse
    Leslie R

Thank you!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.